seller not issuing refund for returned item

joey1010
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase for a Theragun from Therabody on Dec. 12. Therabody only accepts Paypal on their website. After the purchase, I received an email receipt from Paypal with a transcation ID for this purchase. However, I have now found out I was not logged into Paypal when I made that purchase. I did not know I was not logged into Paypal for this transaction. I am still confused how this can even happen and you can still receive a Paypal receipt and transaction number and complete a purchase to a vendor that only accepts Paypal payments and not be logged in, but it can. The next day I changed my mind and decided to cancel the order. The seller had not processed my payment or shipping yet so I sent them an email asking to cancel the order. There were a few automatic replies from Therabody in acknowledging that I had contacted them. I received emails confirming the cancellation and saying a refund would be issued from Therabody on Jan. 2 and Jan. 13.  They said the refund would take 3-5 business days to process. Yet, a refund has still not been issued. An email was sent from Therabosy with a UPS tracking number also. When the UPS driver came with the package, I refused it and had sent it returned to the sender. That was a month ago. I have confirmation from UPS that Therabody received the item back on Dec. 21. In all this time, you can not call this company or leave them a message; you get a message saying they are not answering phone calls. I have sent about 3 more  emails inquiring about my refund to Therabody. I tried to go through thre Paypal Resolution  Center to help but this transaction does not show up in my Activity because I was not logged in even though I have a Paypal receipt and transaction number. Paypal is not taking calls. I already tried the Paypal  Assistant Chat and that went no where.  I am out $200 for 6 2weeks now. How do I get this solved through Paypal? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joey1010 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joey1010
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for the advice! I have already spoken with PayPal customer service and they did not offer to open a dispute for me as a guest buyer but I am going top try to get though to them again and request they do that.

If that fails then I will ask the card issuer, my bank, to intervene.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.