scammed

Freis
New Community Member

there was this one guy who claimed to be someone who i just found out he wasn't he told me to send 200usd to get my account back (steam it is worth 1800usd) and i send the money to him and now he says there is some problems that he cant do anything so what am i supposed to do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Freis If the money you sent is via Goods and services then you can file a dispute for this transaction. Here's how to open a dispute. Go to the Resolution Center. Click Report a Problem. Select the reason for your dispute and click Continue. What's Next? You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate your dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute to a claim, PayPal will review the case and decide the outcome. You can manage your dispute in the Resolution Center by communicating with the seller and providing additional information. For eBay specific information, please click here and you will be directed to eBay’s customer support page. If the money was sent as friends and family then you may communicate with your bank to open a dispute. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.