scammed

Till2quick

What do I do i got scammed into buying something that led to me sending the person money and me not receiving nothing. I need help to get my money back

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Till2quick

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Till2quick

I need know how to refund it quickly, this buyer scams people all the time and I can fathom how much pain im in for sending that money to him. I just want his account terminated

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Till2quick

If your payment is completed then the only way to get it back is to open a dispute for non receipt of item or whatever option it was.

You either start the dispute process and get your money back or not bother, your call.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Till2quick

how do i start a dispute if i sent money to his email?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Till2quick

I told you exactly how to open a dispute in my first post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Till2quick

This my last thing, How long is this process?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Till2quick

Thats good as got to go do my shopping now.   Smiley Wink

You can open a dispute whenever you want but you can't escalate to a claim until 7 days post-payment.

Once escalated Paypal normally give the seller 10 days to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item to you.

If they don't or can't then Paypal review / refund normally within 48 hours of that deadline.

Thats the norm but can be longer for international sales.

Also if the item arrives you can 'change' the dispute to 'not as described' if you need to but whatever you do do NOT close the dispute until you have item or refund that you are happy with and don't forget to escalate it to a claim when you get that option making sure you provide ALL the details that you can first.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.