scammed

janinesantana
Contributor
Contributor

how do you get your money back when you paid by goods and have been scammed by a seller? i have raised a dispute under unauthorised payment and explained the situation and they have just closed my case so what am i suppose to do now anyone know? My sister got scammed too and paypal simply said have a nice day nothing we can do goodbye.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
If PP won’t do anything you can file complaint with credit card company if you funded the transaction that way. Small claims court may be last option.
Login to Me Too

janinesantana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for replying to my post i paid with my normal bank card via goods this is a nightmare surely these people cant get away with this 😞

Login to Me Too

janinesantana
Contributor
Contributor

Am i able to escalate a claim at all if they have closed my case pp? if so how do you do it its not letting me do anything now 😞 many thanks 

Login to Me Too

janinesantana
Contributor
Contributor

Nightmare did you 2 manage to solve it? 

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Sometimes you get lucky with chat on message center. It’s really hard to get any live agents. There is no recourse if nobody at PP wants to help. If you are determined to pursue the case, consider legal action.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.