scammed

younso
Contributor
Contributor

I by mistake ordered 2 computer batteries from an online Company instead of one. I immedeiately informed the Company by email of the mistake and tried to stop the transaction by Paypal. The Money was paid anyway and now Paypal claim that I opened the claim in the wrong category and have closed the dispute. The seller has not resopnded to any emails that I have sent.

I now want to claim all of my Money back since the Company still does not respond to any emails and the items have not been sent to me. Paypal claim that they have been in touch but I get no info at all. Payal says that to open a dispute on a transaction follow these steps.
1. Go to your Resolution Centre.
2. Click Report a problem.
3. Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute and click Continue.
4. Select 'Item dispute', click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

The problem is that when I choose Resolution Center, Report a problem, choose the transaction that it concerns and Continue. But then I cannot find Item dispute, just "what type of issue would you like to report" and "I want to report suspicious account activity or transactions". But this is not the case. The activity is correct, I did Place an order but I have not received the item and the seller does not answer any emails that I have sent.

What on Earth am I supposed to do!?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

younso
Contributor
Contributor

I still think it is a lousy service that Paypal offers when a person has been scammed like this. What really irritates me is that Paypal say that they have had contact with the seller but have offered me no info how that happned or what the seller has said. The fact that Paypal says that the claim was filed incorrectly does not make sense but even if that is the case, the fact that I still have not received the items should give me the right to make a claim.

Login to Me Too

CSKhai
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently, PayPal surrounds its business and policy around merchants, including scammers, not for buyers. I have similar problem and their customer service is just lousy structured heavily favored for sellers
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.