scammed

younso
Contributor
Contributor

I by mistake ordered 2 computer batteries from an online Company instead of one. I immedeiately informed the Company by email of the mistake and tried to stop the transaction by Paypal. The Money was paid anyway and now Paypal claim that I opened the claim in the wrong category and have closed the dispute. The seller has not resopnded to any emails that I have sent.

I now want to claim all of my Money back since the Company still does not respond to any emails and the items have not been sent to me. Paypal claim that they have been in touch but I get no info at all. Payal says that to open a dispute on a transaction follow these steps.
1. Go to your Resolution Centre.
2. Click Report a problem.
3. Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute and click Continue.
4. Select 'Item dispute', click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

The problem is that when I choose Resolution Center, Report a problem, choose the transaction that it concerns and Continue. But then I cannot find Item dispute, just "what type of issue would you like to report" and "I want to report suspicious account activity or transactions". But this is not the case. The activity is correct, I did Place an order but I have not received the item and the seller does not answer any emails that I have sent.

What on Earth am I supposed to do!?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @younso,

I'm sorry to hear about the duplicate transaction. If there was only an option for an unauthorized transaction, it sounds like you sent the payment as a Friends and Family transaction. Friends and Family payments do not have Purchase Protection, because they are not intended for the purchase of goods or services. It is vitally important to only select Goods and Services as the type of payment during a purchase, to ensure that PayPal can apply Purchase Protection to the transaction.

I regret that you will be unable to dispute the transaction with PayPal. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and financial loss that you have experienced.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

CSKhai
Contributor
Contributor
Wow what a waste of customer service. If you are not helping anyway why don’t you just shut down your customer service? And I believe PayPal is doing nothing to improve this.
Login to Me Too

younso
Contributor
Contributor

I must agree with the last person, that is a load of rubbish. This was not a transaction between friends, it was a online teck company that seemed to be located in Sweden, but I have also heard it might be locataed in the US or Germany. Paypal should ave nothing to do with the, they are dishonest. Paypal caims to have been in contact with the, I would love to know what was said since I cannot get them to answer any of my emails.

Feeling sorry for me being scammed is no good. I thought the whole point of Paypal was to protect people like me. What a load of ......!

Login to Me Too

CSKhai
Contributor
Contributor
Totally agreed Younso. PayPal is turning blind eyes on this issue. They don’t have serious intention to keep their market clean. They don’t care if scammers use loopholes in their system as long as they are making money. They said they follow their policy but it doesn’t make sense if they knowingly ignore that their policy has a known flaw which scammers are using. They are basically saying “We know our policy is flawed and we know scammers are taking the advantage to scam honest hardworking people but we still standby our policy because we are making money regardless”. What a laughing stock.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @younso,

Was the transaction made through a merchant's checkout, through a PayPal.me link, or by using the send money feature in your account?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

younso
Contributor
Contributor

The seller uses a paypal option in the checkout.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @younso,

If you purchased through a checkout, the option for Item Not Received should have been listed. If you already opened a dispute, there wouldn't be an option to open another one. I would suggest reaching out to customer service to look into the options available at this point.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

younso
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent several messages to Paypal about this and nothing that they suggest works. They keep saying I did it wrong from the beginning and cannot open another claim about this. They say that they have had contact with the seller (even though I cannot get them to respond). I would certainly like to know how they got in contact and what the seller has said unless it just a big lie.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @younso,

I'm sorry that we can't provide account-specific assistance via the Community Forum. I can say that if there was a dispute already opened, a second one typically cannot be opened. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.