scammed into sending money to gmail account

dddantheman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all I just want to start by saying yes I do realize I am an idiot so let's just get that out of the way.. So I was on a dating website (plenty of fish)  and there was a beautiful 21 year old girl on there so I took a shot in the dark and sent her a message.  She responded (which should have been my first clue) and ended up talking me into sending a pic with face and private area and as soon as I did she turned evil demanding that I pay or they were going to put this pic all over face book. 

Eventually talked me into sending money as a friend from pay pal to a gmail account. Says they were suppose to receive it yesterday.. I meant to call earlier but just never did.  Pretty sure I am out of luck Right?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dddantheman 

There's no refunds or purchase protection with Friends and family payments, they are considered "gift" payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GBGame8934
New Community Member
I feel U I'm going thru the same thing aswell with a girl I meet on either tinder or POF she keeps telling me she gonna pay back the money I let her borrowed but keeps telling me, I gotta pay the transfer fee which is $140 to get bck my 2GS but when I tried doing that she keeps saying there was an error so she refunds the money bck nd tells me to send it to her friend or manager email but there's always some type of issue or error nd I'm tryna figure out wat to do now. My bank told the only likely way of maybe getting my money back is calling the police nd suing her in court so will see wat happens
Login to Me Too

yaboo
Contributor
Contributor

Never, ever send money to someone you do not know. In life never lend money period. If you do consider it long gone. Never co-sign for anyone. Family, friends, no one. I've been asked to co-sign for a truck, a motorcycle- twice, a $160,000.00 duplex , asked to borrow $25,000.00, co-sign for $5,000.00, $20,000.00. 

If a lending institution will not loan a person money. Do you that person is going to pay you back? Nope!

There are wants and needs in life. Pay off your needs first. The wants will bury you in debt if you are not wise.

Do not lease a car. Save for a decent car and do not borrow for it. Save for it. Forget all extended warranties. To expensive. I'm surprised extended warranties are not offered on a box of tissue papers yet or a box of Q-tips.

Do not let your children dig into your retirement. Let them stand on their own.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.