scammed by seller bkoog.com

kenma123
Contributor
Contributor

i have a fraud experience, maybe you guys can learn something from my case

i was ordered a storage shed from bkoog.com. 

pay via paypal, two more day. the seller email me tracking#. but the tracking show the item ship to TX, i living CA

then i call and email seller. no answer.

then i submit a dispute on paypal, during 10 days response time, the seller sends me an empty envelope via usps. 

after that, paypal close my case, because of the usps tracking show item delivered

i called paypal, tell them that just a 2oz empty envelope. paypal say, they do not care that, just see tracking already delivered. 

paypal ask me to call my credit card to ask chargeback. really disappointed paypal. feel likes paypay just protect scam  seller

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kenma123 

In a case like this you'll have to get official documentation from USPS on their official letter head saying that the address does not match and there is indeed fraud with this person, also file police report, file report with ic3.gov, file mail fraud report with USPS... line it all in a row and appeal the case and submit this information. Persistence wins the race. Keep calling until someone listens and will assist. It does happen that someone will. 

I also suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review the claim.

If that still fails, yeah, contact credit card. Site has sketchy vibe by the way.  Done on Shopify or something.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DrDataScientist
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by bkoog.com.

They never sent anything, their emails they never answered, finally when i filed a dispute with paypal they provided a tracking number. The tracking number they provided was from a different business that delivered an empty envelope. On top of that, my credit card a few days later had several unauthorized transactions. This FAKE AND FRAUDULENT company created a lot of stress for me.

Login to Me Too

kenma123
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same as me. any lucy your paypal dispute? 

Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me, PayPal denied dispute because tracking number they got shows delivered into my small corner community mailbox, how does PayPal believe that a shed that weighs about 80lbs get delivered into a 5”x5” by 12” deep box?

Login to Me Too

DrDataScientist
Contributor
Contributor

you must return the empty envelope they sent to receive the refund.

PAYPAL ARE JUST AS **bleep** TO ALLOW THIS STUFF TO HAPPEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Login to Me Too

kenma123
Contributor
Contributor

thank for your suggestion. will try. 

Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor

I also got scammed same way, they sent an empty small white cardboard box with paper in it, I threw it away because until PayPal sent me the tracking number the 2 cases(no shed showing up and this empty box from China coming) did not make sense. Now it all makes sense, it’s a scam that PayPal is helping them rip us off by not allowing our disputes, how can PayPal see all these disputes and do nothing? I might just close my paypal acct  now that I know they are helping these scammers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.