scammed and case closed

kkeegan32
New Community Member

seller scammed me -sent package to wrong address and i nver got it. ups confirmed package went to an address almost 2 miles away. paypal closed case in favor of seller. how do i cancel my paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LeoD128

You're not alone. I guess this is how paypal handles this type of situation always in favor of the seller. There is noting to verify that actual item was mailed to me case, I a taking the seller the seller at their word. On one occasion I ordered a coat for $70 and got a nit cap worth $1 at best. Just so the seller could claim to have a tracking number and proof of deliver. In this case I never got anything it just says delivered. The seller has control to file a claim with the carrier for a lost package to get refunded the buyer does not. Paypal should require the seller to refund the buyer and pursue a lost or stole claim with the carrier. So to paypal it's ok that they buyer is left without the item and without the money. If you want to cancel at this time you would have to text them and request to cancel.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.