scam or fraud ? Shenzhen Jiangongshan Network Technology Co., Ltd.

temp20210524b
Contributor
Contributor

HEELLLPPPP!!!

I have ordered some puzzles from <removed>., Ltd. and not received any emails since the initial purchase receipt.  I have email 3 different emails associated with it with no response. AND my Paypal account shows no history of the transaction though I have a Paypal receipt.... feeling really anxious about it. Can anyone shine some light on how I take this further?? THANKS HEAPS IF YOU CAN.

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

AcceptsCookies
Contributor
Contributor

This company is 100% a fraud and paypal needs to stop sending our money to them.

I ordered this:

Screenshot_20201231-074535_Gmail.jpg

Clearly the photo shows a mini printer.  The description does.

They sent me only 6 small rolls of paper.  I'd say they are valued at maybe $3...at the most.

I asked for my printer or a refund many times and they refused.

I got paypal involved and at that point they want the paper back first.

I'm not spending more money to ship it back than the refund would be!

do NOT do any business with this company.

paypal needs to do something.

Login to Me Too

Jinny3
Contributor
Contributor

You can claim the money back from PayPal. Go into your account open the transaction and down the bottom left hand corner click on claim your postage back. Soon as you post let PayPal have your post office receipts and claim it back.

Login to Me Too

Kelkelox11
I have had an awful experience with this company. I ordered a hoover 49.99 USD I am in the UK. Hoover arrived fine, not packaged well etc. So the hoover isn’t work, I sent a video as evidence to the seller he asked for my address and then never sent me a replacement out. Even though the website says a 2 year warranty this is lies as they do not want to send replacements out. Then I got a unprofessional one liner email from “Jimmy” at a gmail account, again very unprofessional. At this point I opened a PayPal case. He agreed to give me a full refund if I send the item back. I got no free returns label so I am now out of pocket. I had to pay £16.60 to return this faulty, item not as described hoover back to China. I am therefore out of pocket as I have had to pay the return. The communication is awful and they just take money from people and then they send out hoovers that don’t work, just to get the hoovers returned to them etc. I thought I would be fine as I went through PayPal but Buyers be aware as you have to pay for your own postage. I will not be buying from this company or from China again. I think PayPal need to change their policy and make ALL sellers pay for a returns address label if the item is faulty as mine was.
Login to Me Too

Bettydaughter
Contributor
Contributor
I finally received the items I ordered late December 2020 and received end of February 2021 BUT the wigs were not like the wigs I ordered. They look like the Halloween wigs from Part City.
Login to Me Too

Bushhat

This company is a total scam. Ran across an advert on facebook claiming to sell a Suunto Core for something like $29. Too good to be true, right? I figured it would at least be some sort of watch that can do more or less the same as a Suunto Core i.e. altimeter, barometer, compass etc. At the end of the day these things are not that difficult to produce. What I received was something called SMAEL - a very basic electronic watch that you can buy for about £1 anywhere else. Does, time date, alarm and stopwatch, That is it. Nothing else. The storefront they hid behind was called ZZFlagstore and before I even received the item the store had closed down. I figured I'm protected with PayPal so I'll bide my time and see what arrives in the mail and then if needed open a dispute. So, once I received the item I checked it and immediately raised a dispute with PayPal as the item was 100% not as described. They clearly sold it as a SUUNTO Core. If they had sold it as a SMAEL wristwatch with no other functions I would not even have looked at it. So, I opened the dispute and PayPal contacted these crooks. Shenzhen Hongjie Network Technology Co., Ltd offered me a 10% refund... $3.79. And they get to keep the rest of the $37... I declined the 10% because I am not going to give them anything if I can help it. They defrauded me and now they want to keep 90% of the fraudulently obtained money?

Their business model is obviously to defraud as many people as possible, disappear behind the bamboo curtain and should anyone insist on having their money refunded they will no doubt insist on having the fraudulent item sent back to them before they refund. They will then claim never to have received the item and just keep the money. PayPal should be banning unscrupulous traders like this from their platform but I guess they never will because PayPal make money regardless of whether you and I get scammed. 

Edited to add if anyone is looking for their actual address, here it is: 

<removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bushhat 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jmj2513
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I was Scammed too. I ordered something from them on the 14th of June. It was a E55 Rechargeable Mosquito repeller. I can't find the post on Facebook either. I went to my Paypal, but don't see the order transaction even though I have the email. Very, upsetting. 

Login to Me Too

SteveB10
They are a scam company. I bought a t shirt from them. Out of 13 words, 6 were spelled wrong. They refuse to refund. The shirt is unwearable. Complete scam. The shirt wasn’t even a good faith Effort.
Login to Me Too

CT50
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Dr Who advent calender and have recieved some junk

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.