scam and fees for nothing ?

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i just put a Gamekey on Ebay and sold it with Paypal. since it was the 4th time i put up the key on ebay and because it was bought 3 times before with hacked paypal accounts i always had to create another auction. at that point i saw another one buying my Gamekey(digital) and since i was afraid it could be another hacker, and since he had a weird language ( i am german and he wrote bad german) i wondered because the name of the paypal account was original german name. so i looked for the name in the internet found the guy and called him, he was an older guy age 60 ors omething and asked him if he it was his ebay name and his paypal account, he said yes but that he didnt buy anything. so basically i helped him and he contacted ebay/paypal to get his account back. i didn't send the key and nothing happend. THEN, i tried to log into my paypal and there was a message of "conflict" and that i should send the money back because of an unauthorized buy. so i clicked and send the guy his 44,99€ back, i logged off and thought ok everything is fine. then i wanted to buy something with paypal and it didn't work. i logged into my account and saw that my account balance was negative. then ofc i wondered why do i have to pay for fees if someone else hacked an account and bought something with it unauthorized and i help him and send him his money back and should still pay the fees for paypal ? so i contacted paypal and they didn't answer for 2 days, and then just send standard answers like " it was ruled in the name of the buyer" and the second time "you balance is negative please send money to us it will be balanced out". i tried to tell them that no transaction was made but they just closed the discussion and didn't answer again. i can't call them cause every time i call there i have to sit in queue for 1hr + and i don't have time for that so i give up. this is truly unbelievable, for me this is scam. hackers all over the place trying to steal my digital products and then i help the guy to get his account back, ofc send him his money back because paypal told me to do so because of the conflict and then they limit my account and i should pay for fees for nothing ?

i am seriously really angry at this customer service that just don't answer my questions for Days,but only like bots with standard phrases and also the fact that paypal just scammed me for money for nothing. And i couldn't call them either since the line was always busy and an automatic voice told me "to try another time or send a message", which i did and then nothing happend. this is seriously by far the worst customer service i ever experienced. i do want to know if someone else had something like that and if someone from paypal reads this do i have to get to my lawyer to go to court because of this, because i will definitely NOT pay 1 Cent for hackers and people who can't protect their paypal accounts.paypal really tries to force me to pay for nothing even though it wasn't my fault that someone else bought my products with hacked paypal accounts MULTIPLE times. i mean this whole system here is not only not safe, it's also like scam for the vendors who have to pay for nothing. i won't do that for sure.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

Did you withdrawal the money out after receiving the payment and then refunded through the dispute but didn't have the funds? When a dispute is filed, the amount is removed from your PayPal balance pending outcome. So depending if you had available funds or not to cover the refund from your PayPal balance, it can go into the negative.

Was the funds from the transaction ever put on temporary hold for 21 days by eBay or PayPal before the dispute or something?

Review your PayPal account activity more closely to see if any other transactions could have occurred that used up the balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

in my paypal account there was written +43,52 (1,47€ fees). and that there is a conflict, then i logged into ebay and saw that ebay sent the same message and that it was an authorized buy, which i already knew ofc since i contacted the real owner of the ebay/paypal account whom i searched on the internet as i said. so i don't know what exactly happend. i clicked on conflict in paypal and then there was "do you want to solve the problem" i clicked yes then go for a refund. so ofc i thought i have to send him his money back if it's not authorized. there was no message of paypal or ebay on what to do. and then i sent his money back. and then i wanted to buy something else the next day and my account was locked and i couldn't buy anything. this system is like REALLY bad my god.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

Review your PayPal account activity more closely to see if any other transactions could have occurred that used up the balance besides the refund.

Are there any funds that are put on hold, that is temporarily unavailable for use?

No one here can see your account so you have to look over the transactions in your account.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

i didn't withdraw anything i didn't buy anything and did nothing with the money, i had +43,52€ since i had 0€ on paypal before, the key cost was 44,99€ so when i did a refund i thought ofc when you do refund he gets his 44,99€ back especially when his account was hacked so there was no transaction at all. why would paypal keep the money then, this is just like absolutely bad system

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

So how much is your account in the negative? 43,52€? Or 44,99€? When you do refunds, PayPal do not refund their fee (1,47€ fees from the 44,99€). So they take 1,47€ from your PayPal balance and if you has no funds after the refund, your PayPal balance will be -1,47€ 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

my account is -1,47€ that is the fee i had to pay if the transaction would be normal (if i wouldve sold the key normally). since i  refunded him after the conflict ofc i thought i don't have to pay the fees why would i pay fees if  i don't get money and he didn't get the key. and his account was hacked also it was even stated in conflict. the "conflict" is now on solved but my balance is negative. it doesn't make any sense. and i seriously don't understand why the customer service does not answer properly. this feels like scam.

with this method, paypal you actually scam millions. let's say paypal just hacks account of their own customers, they buy things, the customer gets his account back, and the vendor still has to pay the fees even though he is innocent and there was no transaction. do this like 100.000 times and you can make millions with it. i can't believe that this system is really the way paypal works.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So your PayPal balance is -1,47€, then that is correct. PayPal no longer refunds their fees when you refund so you have to pay back 1,47€.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

this is not correct, WHY would i pay for something i didn't do? so hackers hack other people accounts buy things with it and then i have to pay the fees anyway even though i didn't get any money ? is this a joke ? this is scam, 100%, i can't believe this. so basically you can just hack thousands of accounts and then buy things and nothing happens to the people who didn't protect their accounts but the vendors have to suffer and pay everything even though they did nothing wrong ? WTF man ?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

That is correct because it is PayPal 's policy that they do not refund their fees when you refund a payment. Read PayPal user agreement. They do not make any distinction on why you refunding...that if you refund because you did the right thing or for whatever reason you have to send a refund. You do not get the fee back and will have to make up the difference.

Or check this page:

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees?locale.x=en_DE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.