scam alerts would be helpful

fastfixitmom
Contributor
Contributor

as someone who was scammed, then started a claim through paypal, then was denied by paypal saying the item I received was similar to what they advertised ( I got scammed by the "lifelike baby shark" scam and received a stuffed "baby shark" out 34. bucks. live and learn) I would pay a monthly or yearly fee for a service that would alert me to potential scammers BEFORE I put down the money. Now granted, I know that paypal can not investigate EVERY fraudulent sales pitch. But there are some that Im sure they know about, either because their personnel have seen them on social media, pinterest etc. or because Paypal has had multiple disputes filed for the same type items. For example the "lifelike baby shark" which I have since found out through other avenues, is NOT available ANYWHERE, and is in fact a movie prop that the creator posted on youtube 5 years ago. But still scammers are taking that same youtube video to lure unsuspecting buyers in to buy something that the seller DOES NOT have and has no intention of delivering on, except to maybe send some cheap dollar store toy just to keep the buyer from getting any money back. I am quite sure there are many of these dubious ads for many many products going around the internet. It would be nice to get a heads up first.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.