ring

Katieu64
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received  gold ring priced at $128 sen to them even though you didn't purchase it? The return address is <removed>. I believe it is a scam, and I cant find the charge anywhere on my credit cards

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

lynskelly77
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't take the partial refund I could only dispute the whole amount.  PayPal just came back to me and said I had to file a Police Report to move on in the process............  I'm not happy.

Login to Me Too

unitedtogether
Contributor
Contributor
I had to dispute the entire amount and after 2 months they offered 1/2. I refused based off principle. After I posted this I ended up getting a full refund without having to mail cheap ring back It took forever but glad I waited it out!
Login to Me Too

Revo_111x
Contributor
Contributor
I tried and still nothing they closed the case I have tried to reopen it and nothing . Pay pal should take this company off! Or is it PayPal who scamming us!
Login to Me Too

lynskelly77
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened with me, the company offered half a refund, when I tried to click the option for ok it would not let me!   So I had to respond and figured why not go for the full refund.  Now PayPal is making me file a POLICE REPORT and send it to them?  I'm so **bleep** at PayPal for not sticking up for us (but also **bleep** at myself for falling for the scam!)

Login to Me Too

Grandmother2
Contributor
Contributor

I was going for the full refund also.  Will see what PayPal says.  They getting moving my resolve date.  I have no problem doing a police report but they should see the pattern here,  a lot of people have been scammed.  You think it would be safe and they would stand up for the customer. 

Login to Me Too

ZydecoRebel
Contributor
Contributor
My bank handled it.
Login to Me Too

blushartistry
Contributor
Contributor

Super-frustrated. Paypal denied my case. I attempted to file AGAIN under a different category and they flagged my account so that I had to change my password to get back in. After that, they STILL denied the case. I sent an email with photos of the ring and the packaging, but no one will listen, they just keep denying. Is there a PayPal Legal Team that will listen? How do I contact them? Those of you who have had luck getting your money back... how did you go about doing so? This is ridiculously frustrating. I have evidence. Bounced emails from the vendor. They don't even look at them or care.

Login to Me Too

Jozjack
New Community Member

Wow, yes, same here.  I feel so stupid!

Login to Me Too

Jojo170
I ordered a ice maker and got a ring,paypal wouldn't reimburse me as they had the tracking number,but 4 months later I had £78 taken out of my bank so keep looking at your statements,I got my money back from my bank,they said don't buy anything else of facebook as there all scammers especially from China.
Login to Me Too

mooonshine199
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nixie tube clock for $80 in november for an xmas gift. I got nothing, until after xmas after I filed a claim saying I got nothing. Then I got the china pack gold ring, same price tag etc. 1.6g / 128$.  When I updated the case to say I received something the seller offered a refund only if I ship the ring to the UK which seems even scammier, as well as a total waste of my time and money.  Paypal has now declined my case because I refuse to "play the scammers game" by sending the toy ring anywhere.  I can't seem to find any contact information.  This is a real problem, and PAYPAL is doing nothing about it. Has anyone resolved this to actually get a refund? Or to get a live person via chat or phone from PAYPAL?  At this point looking at all the scammers you'd think a class action lawsuit would be in order. This is PATHETIC that a company such as paypal cant stand up and recognize and fix this issue. Anyone? Can anyone give details about how they successfully were refunded the entire amount and/or the steps they took and how you contacted a human at paypal? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.