ring

Katieu64
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received  gold ring priced at $128 sen to them even though you didn't purchase it? The return address is <removed>. I believe it is a scam, and I cant find the charge anywhere on my credit cards

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

tbonec10
Contributor
Contributor

anybody order  a ice maker

Login to Me Too

treesao
Contributor
Contributor

I did. And the label for this ring is covering another label and I can see the order number for the ice maker under the top label. Looks like I am not getting the ice maker.

Login to Me Too

tbonec10
Contributor
Contributor

i already sent a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission 

Login to Me Too

gbrokey
Contributor
Contributor

I also received a ring in the mail that I did not order. I do not see that I was charged for this. Does anyone know if PayPal is checking into this?  

Login to Me Too

Grandmother2
Contributor
Contributor
I launched a complaint with pay pal. Still looking into it.
Login to Me Too

blushartistry
Contributor
Contributor

The seller was Chen Xu Communication Operation Department of Gulou Street, Ezhou city.

I received the same ring when I ordered the Automatic Self-Cleaning Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker Machine.

That cheap gold ring looks nothing like an ice maker.

At first, I didn't make the connection. I'd returned from a trip and there were a few packages that had come in for my husband and I on the table. Then I opened the ring. We'd gotten things we hadn't ordered before, but I couldn't trace this back to anything from Amazon. 

A few days later, I googled the address and came up with this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IllegalLifeProTips/comments/hw7081/ilpt_request/

Most of the people in the thread mention the gold ring with the prominent $128 price tag. Many of them ordered different things, but several of them ordered the exact same Igloo Ice Maker. I filed a dispute with PayPal right then and referenced the Reddit link. They messaged me today to tell me that the seller shipped the item. I replied with an email referencing this thread. It's insane that this stuff goes on and the seller gets away with it just because they can prove they shipped you something.

Login to Me Too

Hazco
New Community Member

Me too!

Login to Me Too

Revo_111x
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I place an order and didn’t receive what I ordered , in return they sent a cheap ring . I disputed the charge and company but Paypal said I receive my items and pay pal closed my case. It took them 2 months. I didn’t order no cheap ring. Far from it, not even close. The company took down their website as well. I have contacted them several times by email and still no reply! Scammers!
Login to Me Too

unitedtogether
Contributor
Contributor

I have been in dispute with this since Aug. Chen Xu Communication Operation Department of Gulou Street, Ezhou City offered a half refund. I declined and want the full amount refunded. They want me to mail the item back to them. They provided an address that I can't write or read and I will not pay out of pocket to ship this.  This is absolutely wrong!!!  I am very disappointed in PayPal for not stopping this and forcing the company to repay all of us who have been a victim to this fraud.

Login to Me Too

CBlackstone12
Contributor
Contributor
Keep fighting with PayPal. Tell them you received a worthless item and that you don’t read or write Chinese. I kept pushing back and they finally refunded.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.