ring

Katieu64
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received  gold ring priced at $128 sen to them even though you didn't purchase it? The return address is <removed>. I believe it is a scam, and I cant find the charge anywhere on my credit cards

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

NAK1950
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me.
Login to Me Too

Grandmother2
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  I was suppose to get a Cricut easy press.  Can not believe I was scammed like that.

Login to Me Too

ZydecoRebel
Contributor
Contributor
Is that what happened?!?! Oh my god this has happened to me too!!! I want my money back
Login to Me Too

Heartvine
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I actually just got 2 in the mail. Apparently it's what's called a brushing scam. You are free to keep the merchandise per BBB but the company is hoping you will call regarding the un-purchased product so they can verify the address is legitimate and then writes rave reviews about their own product using your name, saying you are a verified purchaser. 

Login to Me Too

Jamie822
Contributor
Contributor
I got one in mail today was supposed to be a ice maker so upset
Login to Me Too

Tracy2419
New Community Member
I got the same thing and it was supposed to be an ice maker
Login to Me Too

Lulu2016
New Community Member

Only thing I ordered was an Igloo ice maker.  I guess this means I will not get what I ordered.

Login to Me Too

Jojo170
Same here was supposed to get an ice maker but got a ring I told paypal who wouldn't give my money back,then 4 months later they took £78 out of my bank account,luckily the bank paid me back.
Login to Me Too

Same here!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.