returns to China

JohnHenderson
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to send information to PayPal regarding a watch I received from China. The company has sent the wrong item to hundreds of people. When they complain they receive the wrong watch  they offer a slight discount which is trivial in comparison to the cost of the watch. I have been in contact with Invicta the makers of the watch and the person I spoke to does not think this company supplies their watches and are probably counterfeit. 

Also when trying to return the item I was informed by the post office that watches are prohibited from being sent to china due to the technology they contain.

my questions are as follows.

How do I send an email address to PayPal with details of prohibited items as their link does not allow it?

Why should customers be liable for return costs when it was the company that has messed up?

If it is counterfeit goods should this company be blocked from trading on PayPal?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

EZGOINIM
Contributor
Contributor
Agree with you, so many so called companies us PayPal only because they know PayPal is down to skeleton crew using messages chat for responds to disputes...my advice is don't use PayPal at this time until their 800 line is up and most rip offs are advertising in Facebook....I plan on carrying my complaint a little farther to the ICS ( Internet Crime Services) PayPal may be listed in complaint as well... dropping PayPal as soon as two other disputes are settled or closed!!! They still have not settled on one from first part of March, they keep extending resolution date, two times now!!! DONE!!!
Login to Me Too

MEO20

happens to us all!  Right now I have a dispute and the resolution is return the item to China.  We don't know when making purchases online, using our  paypal  account if the company is a China company...as they usually have items worn or modeled by non chinese people. I'm not being prejudice here, believe me, but the seller has  to know it is very expensive to return an item to China...so we just lose out.  I have had it happen many times,  makes me sick. Only once did a company from China have a USA address for returns.  I think they should actually be required to have, to sell in the USA.

Login to Me Too

GGPeggy
Contributor
Contributor

These companies are getting sneaky.   I did check for a phone and address under contacts.

After the tracking link did not work I went back to call and that information was gone.   They sent a cheap, fake toy ring instead of a large pet item.  

I know the scam...they will ask that I return it and provide a fake address.  Even if I want to pay the high cost to ship the address they have you send it to usually is fake/obsolete so the item doesn't arrive back (so they claim).

This is only the second time I've been scammed because I look the websites over pretty good.  This one got me.   Last time I had to file a claim with my credit card company instead of PayPal, as they were not taking my side.  I got a full refund.  I am giving PayPal an opportunity to make this right first before I file a claim with my credit card company.

Login to Me Too

alveria34
Contributor
Contributor

I asked the seller to send return address.  The seller sent me the return address in Chinese. I do not read Chinese. And i cant get any help from the resolution center this **bleep** because my dispute ends October 4, 2020.  Im so **bleep** **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

ItsHer
Contributor
Contributor

Oh no!! I am in the same position, except mine ends October 8, 2020. This is absolutely insane and the company knew what they were doing when they provided the address. I wonder if there is someone that can decode the address. Next we have to worry about the cost. Lastly, we have to be concerned about he package making it to the location and the company saying they received it. I have been with Paypal for 14 years and never disputed until this year and keep getting scorned.

Login to Me Too

pattyaber
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal denied my claim because I did not send item back to China.  Explained to them the address given me was in Chinese and my post office would not accept because "they don't speak Chinese".  Still, with all my evidence, Paypal denied because of not sending it back.  Paypal is just as bad as the crooks that sell us items.  In my case, it was nothing like what I had paid for.

Login to Me Too

she_survived_it
Contributor
Contributor
Wow... I have never had an issue with PayPal until now.... The merchandise I received was the incorrect item... I have been emailing this company and they want to give me 10% or 20%... Every email comes from someone different, but no names just customer service... Their website is no longer valid since I have started emailing them... I paid for express shipping and it took almost a month... I tried going through my credit card company, but I think because it’s so soon they want me to try PayPal... PayPal opened a claim, but I’m not hopeful... The total of my merchandise was $43.88... They want me to return the INCORRECT merchandise with tracking... I was like hell no, that’s $40 plus, and It’s no refund... I’m done with PayPal...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@she_survived_it 

Paypal are only doing exactly what they say they will do in their buyer protection policy.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

she_survived_it
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  I understand what you are saying, but at times we purchase from sellers CLAIMING to be US/legit sellers, etc ... As I stated previously I have never had this issue before... If I choose the option for PayPal to reimburse shipping, they only reimburse up to $30.. This package costs $28 to ship to China via USPS, with tracking it is like 40 plus dollars... I just feel PayPal should be a little more on the buyer's side, ESPECIALLY if the seller states they made a mistake and sent the incorrect item (like they did in my situation)...  

Login to Me Too

alveria34
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so disgusted with paypal....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.