resolve a permanent limited resolution or permanent removal from paypal

JayYam2020
Contributor
Contributor

In December of 2020 my identity was hacked.  I did have norton 360 with lifelock.  Unfortunately, It did not have the identity protection.  Due to this now PayPal has permanently restricted my access to paypal and more than likely their partners Ebay.  There is nothing I can do to repair my identity but I would hope ebay might have taken a different approach instead of permanent restriction of no business.  Just by chance is there any hope for me?  Probably not but I have to try.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JayYam2020 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 totally different companies so what paypal do should not affect you on Ebay.

Ebay is introducing their own payment system and phasing out use of paypal so no need to use it if you don't want to as there would be other payment options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JayYam2020 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 totally different companies so what paypal do should not affect you on Ebay.

Ebay is introducing their own payment system and phasing out use of paypal so no need to use it if you don't want to as there would be other payment options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ElizabethWG
Contributor
Contributor

Dear @kernowlass ,

I have seen you are an esteemed advisor that is why im appealing for your help.

i have come here out of desperation and hope you can help me.

i lost my  credit card that is linked to my paypal account and got it replaced.

The new replacement is a different number,but same name ,same issuer.

i had opened my paypal account with my maiden name,and id card from kenya.The telephone number on the account is kenyan too.

i live in Germany and have taken on my husbands surname,which has so far always worked perfectly.

( the id and credit card having a different last name,)

i tried logging in after a long time and got my account limited since i typed the wrong password thrice.

finally i got a link on my email( the one in the account) and reset the password.

Fast foward, i followed all the prompts in the resolution center and uploaded all my documents.

(please note, the original credit card is no longer in use,i got my wallet back but in my panic,i blocked the credit card right away.so the new credit card number is not the one i opened the sccount wit,but like i said,its all the same ,only different number.

paypal have now permanently blocked me and sent me a message telling me im permanently blocked.

kindly help me,is there a way i can appeal this shocking decision?

Thanks in advance.

Elizabeth

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.