resolution

peteuk90
New Community Member

Hi

We sold our playstation VR on Ebay in June 2020 and all went well. I got an email 10th Decemeber from Paypal saying someone has put a resolution case against me for £190. I initially thought it was a scam, so ignored it. Then a few days later, I got another one. So I investigated. It transpires that the woman I sold the VR too says it doesnt work and has been trying to contact me through Ebay (never had 1 email) Paypal say they are holdinmg £150 of my money till its resolved. I sent an email saying how can someone put a claim in 6 months later?? but not got a reply. 

The resolution is the woman sends me back the VR. I have recieved the VR but its certainly not one we sent. It's not in the original box, it stinks of smoke (we dont smoke) and has lots of parts missing.

What do I do now? Phome paypal up as it seems impossible to get any email correspondence from them?

Cheers for any info

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peteuk90 

A buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute for item received but not as described.

Sadly if you did not respond promptly to the dispute putting in all the information about the original transaction + the late dispute timescale then the buyer would win.

You can inform customer services about the swap but to be honest its only your word against the buyers and if every seller stated item received back was not as sent then every buyer would lose disputes.

Personally if it was me I would contact the buyer and state that if they don't pay for the item that they have kept then i will be filing a dispute with the small claims court. If you have enough proof of what you sent + all the packaging weight of item etc of the item returned you would have a good chance of winning but your call though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.