resolution remains unresolved

nikkorian
Contributor
Contributor

I found our account (Australia) had become limited. I logged in and followed the links to the resolution centre, supplied the information requested, and received a page saying that I would receive a response in 2-3 days. That was a month ago. If I now login and return to the page saying "Your account access has been temporarily limited" and click the "resolve" button, it takes me straight to the page saying "Thank you for providing the required information. We'll get back to you in 2-3 business days." So the account remains limited but there is nothing I can do to resolve it. None of the automated support or contact options can handle the problem, and trying to talk to a real person is a joke - they have a permanent message telling me how busy they are and that no-one is available and why don't I use the web site.

Can anyone make a suggestion about how to get through to a real person in Paypal, or sort this out? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nikkorian 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nikkorian
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for that. Frankly I am amazed at the pathetic level of service Paypal offers and the impediments they put in the way of making contact with a person rather than having fruitless communication with an algorithm. For example, In Australia they put up an interstate landline phone number (customer pays) in bold print as their point of contact and hide their freecall number in the small print down the bottom. Seriously? Then they push you off to the forum and let volunteer members like yourself do their support for them.  What a miserable organisation.

Now that's off my chest, I thank you again and will follow your suggestions.     

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.