resolution case problem

Brant2474
Contributor
Contributor
hi I have a case running to claim a refund from a seller but the seller has contacted me to say if I close the case they will refund me, is this right?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brant2474 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brant2474 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brant2474
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much. I thought that if I closed the case I wouldn't have a leg to stand on so thank you again for clearing that up for me.
Login to Me Too

1linbrown
New Community Member

pp-d-83053684 I I HAD THIS CASE GOING AND WAS ASKED FOR TRCKING INFORMATION, IT WAS A BIT FUNNY BECAUSE IT WAS ASKING FOR TRACKING TO BE ENTERED BEFORE TOO WEEKS BEFORE THAT DAYS DATE. WHEN I ENTERED THE TRACKING DATA THE SYSTEM WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT AND KEPT REFERRING ME BACK TO THE RESOLUTION CENTRE. SO I WENT TO HELP LINE TO FIX IT BEFORE I GOT ANY HELP THE CASE WAS CLOSED. NOW I WISH TO APPEAL AND THE INFORMATION I AM GETTING IS NOT WORKING AND I HAVE 10 DAYS FROM CLOUSURE TO END OF APPEAL TIME . I AM MESSAGING TO GET CORRECT INFORMATION .BUT AM RECIEVING TO MESSAGES AND I THINK I WILL RUN OUT OF TIME . CAN YOU HELP?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.