report must be filled with a Law enforcement agency

elle49
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone explain why i have received this email from PayPal.. The dispute is over an item not as described for approximately $40 AU. 

No Agency or Law  enforcement office is going  waste their time on that.

To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organisation

• Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organisation (either in person or online) to report the issue
  • Report specific details regarding the item you received
  • You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organisation and provide it to PayPal
  • The report must contain the following information:
    • It should be on the agency's or organisation's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
    • It should clearly explain the details of your issue
    • It must include the agency's or organisation's contact details

Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Marina

Hi @elle49,

Thank you for posting in PayPal's Community Forum. I can understand how a notification like this can cause concern and would like to help in any way possible. When a case is filed on PayPal stating an item is significantly not as described, we reach out to the merchant for their response. If the merchant disagrees with the claim, we may need evidence from the buyer to prove the claim. In some cases, we may ask for a non-biased, independent report from a third party about the condition of the item to further investigate the issue.

I hope you find this information helpful!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.