reopen closed dispute

sdrshn
New Community Member

I disputed charge based on the little and perhaps misleading information associated with seller when viewing the charge on paypal bill trying to figure out what it was. Never got a confirmation of payment from the seller. Never got a shipping notification.  However, it does turn  out i made the charge.  So the case was closed.  But of course the item was never shipped.  The seller never responded to  my  email.   Quite a scam!.  My feeling is paypal should have a way to change the nature of a legitimate complaint.  Am feeling  this is most unfair that the seller is now immune to  being disputed.   Any recourse?   Why stack the deck for sellers to be dishonest?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sdrshn 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.