refunds

jpcbird
Contributor
Contributor

So an item I ordered that was shipped thru eBay global shipping has arrived damaged.

The seller has refunded the original purchase amount $28.00 usd

but I also paid $14.86 for International shipping and $6.46 for import duties Total $21.32 usd

I understand that these fees were paid to eBay and not the seller. Will or can I get refunded or these amounts also?

As it sit I am still out almost the amount that I paid for the item

thanks for any info

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpcbird wrote:

So an item I ordered that was shipped thru eBay global shipping has arrived damaged.

but I also paid $14.86 for International shipping and $6.46 for import duties Total $21.32 usd

I understand that these fees were paid to eBay and not the seller. Will or can I get refunded or these amounts also?

thanks for any info

The seller may have mishandled this. When you open a return case at eBay, the seller ought to have contacted eBay and said global shipping program damaged item and eBay ruled in favor of seller would have turn the case over to GSP dept and they would have refunded you. The seller doesn’t refund you as they are covered under eBay MBG for items damaged by eBay Global Shipping. I’d call eBay customer service, perhaps they could refund you the rest.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpcbird wrote:

thanks for any info

The seller may have mishandled this. When you open a return case at eBay, the seller ought to have contacted eBay and said global shipping program damaged item and eBay ruled in favor of seller would have turn the case over to GSP dept and they would have refunded you. The seller doesn’t refund you as they are covered under eBay MBG for items damaged by eBay Global Shipping. I’d call eBay customer service, perhaps they could refund you the rest.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.