refunded now seller finally replies

alissa5
Contributor
Contributor

I made a paypal claim against someone who never replied and I finally got refunded, the seller now finally replied after me sending her multiple messages asking her to respond to the claim, to which to never replied to so paypal refunded me the full amount. the seller has now messaged me asking for her item back, to which I no longer have as she took so long to reply ,what am I meant to do now? this transaction was through Depop.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @alissa5,

I'm sorry to hear that the seller has contacted you following a claim. If the claim was found in your favor due to the seller's non-response, there would be no obligation to return the item. If you still had the item, you might wish to arrange with the seller to return it as a goodwill gesture, but since you do not still have the item, there really wouldn't be anything further to do.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.