refund from china

mel2hrt
New Community Member

Hi I have a issue i wanted some advice on. I purchased 2 wigs from a company in China on the 22nd Nov 2019. The website stated I would have 12hrs in which I could cancel the order. On looking at various reviews it seemed the company was sending a much lower quality wigs than stated on their website, so I emailed the company to cancel the order this was approx 3hrs after initial order. 4 days later they emailed me back saying it was too late and the wigs had been posted. I then emailed them back saying that I had cancelled the order after only 3hrs. They replied back on the 1st Dec saying that they understand and that I should sign for the wigs when they come and they will look at the refund then, but they haven't responded when I asked about return postage costs, so I think they will expect me to pay for that which is unacceptable as I cancelled well within the 12hrs cancellation period they state on their website. So I would like to ask where do I stand if I accept the package and sign or would it be best to refuse delivery?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mel2hrt 

All I can say is good luck. Chinese sellers are very strategic with these kinds of situations and they mostly come out on top. Hard to beat them. They don't believe in returns or cancelations because they want to paint you into a hole. That's why its important to do your research before buying, on the merchant. Or go with merchants you know are reputable.

If you paid with credit card, best to haggle it out with them, than going back and forth with PayPal. 

PayPal dispute terms are limiting and their decisions are unpredictable whereas the credit card has more broader terms at least.

I wonder if you refused the package and then filed Item Not Received, would PayPal rule in your favor because one can't have the money and the goods, right?

If you accepted the package and returned it (PayPal has return shipping refund program) with tracking showing delivery and then ask seller for refund but if they refuse file Significantly Not As Described dispute saying you returned it with proof of return delivery, maybe PayPal would rule in your favor because again, you can't have both money and the goods.

The seller may ask you to accept a partial refund to try to keep some of the money and you do not have to return.

Those are some of the angles I can come up with. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.