refund denied

Tomred0_3
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased a cordless leaf blower via a FB advert. Received a USB keyboard cleaner. Contacted seller and couldn't get refund. Contacted PayPal and they inform me that I must return the item to China at my expense and within a short timeframe. Meantime seller contacted me separately and offered a 40% refund, no need to return item. PayPal inform me today they are refusing my refund request because I didn't provide them a tracking no for return. In the meantime, the seller has not provided the 40% refund. I've been scammed twice and no help from PayPal. Absolutely furious - advice please??
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

xavier-2003
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's judgments have become rather irrational and callous lately. And have become difficult to contact to sort out their blunders, which is what I'm trying to do.

I successfully made 2 "Significantly different to how it was described" claims earlier this year and was able to claim back the postage back to China with tracking. I bought the Austpost postage label online.

There is a "Request return shipping refund" link in each transaction's details in the Activity section.

Although a 3rd claim dragged out for 3 months, all look well until a few days after uploading tracking information.

I received an email saying, "The case was closed in the seller's favour as you didn't respond to our request for additional information." WTH!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.