received a green whistle instead of product ordered

icern
New Community Member
i ordered a makita dual bevel compound mitre saw and mitre saw stand and instead received a green plastis whistle. i contacted paypal eith info and they sided with the mail fraud company saying the company gave them a track code. i mean so what i can get a track code for lint if wanted they asked for no proof or anything i have pic of item and package (3 inch by 5 inch) in size. now if you can fit what i ordered in that show me how and ill drop it. Buti feeltheyshould be more interested so they can stop doing buisness with this fraudulent company. what if it was a life saving item somebody needed to help them stay alive, i lknow it was not, but think if it was. besides it was 2 items should be 2 track numbers. i also ordered a second item and havent even heard about it yet.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Locosaint
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I got lucky and received a yellow plastic whistle instead of a green one.  I ordered an air/fuel sensor and got the whistle in the mail about a month later.  I almost threw it out.  The package was sitting on my side table while I was researching where my sensor was.  I tried several times to get in touch with the seller via email and phone, but no luck.  For about three weeks there was no tracking number on the transaction through paypal, then all of a sudden it said the item was delivered about 7 days previous.  I thought that was weird so I checked the package tracking number for the whistle and it matched the one on Paypal.  The package I received was about 3" x 4", way too small to hold an O2 sensor, gauge and all the wiring.  I filed the claim with Paypal and they are still reviewing it. The seller only replied back with the tracking number and no further info.  I sent them pictures of the item, package, website, publicly listed owner and actual owner of the site.  A quick google search will show this is a bait and switch scam predominately based out of China.  They get subsidized shipping so it is almost free for them to send the whistle halfway around the world.  I learned my lesson of doing research about websites prior to ordering.  I would not have even made the purchase if they did not take Paypal as payment.  I felt confident that they would make it right if something shady happened.  I guess time will tell if that will happen.  When you look up the website that I bought from it was created just a couple days earlier than my purchase and is held by a proxy company. It is hosted by Godaddy. I filed an abuse report with them, but even if they did do something, they will have another website up five minutes later. 

Login to Me Too

CheriBomArt
New Community Member
I received a yellow whistle instead of the paints I ordered. I am very angry! I have heard of this happening to others. Googled it. I am done with PayPal if this is not resolved. It happened in April. Now it's July. WTF!
Login to Me Too

sdh4
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing just happened to me. I ordered two medical tables for the charge of $85.99, and I received a green plastic whistle. There was no information inside the envelope as to who sent it to me, so I thought it was a joke and threw it out. I have been back-and-forth with Paypal for weeks about this. I am assuming that I’m getting Robo responses rather than real people who are handling my case. I am now going to call my credit card company and tell them that I have been defrauded. I don’t know if this will work or not. As soon as I can, I am canceling my account with PayPal. I don’t need them. They are a bunch of crooks themselves, leading customers to believe that they will help us out in disputes like this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.