re-open a dispute

mroyba
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I opened a dispute because I purchased an item on June 17 and seller did not send or respond to my request as to when she is sending the item. On July 29th I filed a dispute for item not received. That same day the seller notified me she completed the item and is sending out so I cancelled the dispute. I still have not received the item and tried to contact the seller again on August 4th but still no response. today I went back into pay and tried to reopen or file a new dispute but the system will not allow me to. it saids I cannot reopen a case. This item was $159, I don't know what to do at this point. I have sent an email to paypal so see what I can do.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mroyba 

Whups, you shouldn't have closed the dispute, until a tracking number was supplied into the dispute and shipment status is "delivered", as you won't be able to re-open or open another. Wasn't there a dialogue box that warned you to be sure of this before closing the dispute?

Anyway, your only path of recourse now is if you paid with credit card, you may call your card issuer to dispute instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mroyba
Contributor
Contributor
This was my first time having to do this and I didn’t see any warnings.
Login to Me Too

mroyba
Contributor
Contributor
I used my pay pal credit account to pay.
Login to Me Too

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

good luck friend

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.