re: Fanshionweb International

Squeaker17
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two pairs of shoes from Goodsgreats, based upon an ad on Facebook. The payment went to Fashionweb International. The boots I received were nothing like the photo from Goodsgreats. They were a very cheap knockoff, one pair fit snug and the other pair was too big--even thought I ordered the same size in both pairs. I was told the same story as some others in this community blog. I had to return the boots to China--not Morristown, NJ, where they were shipped from. I had to provide tracking and only AFTER THE COMPANY inspected the boots would I receive a refund. The cost of the boots was less than the cost of shipping them to China. PayPal has not yet determined if it can help me, but after reading the comments here, I see that Fanshionweb International has a practice of misrepresenting its products in its advertisements. BTW: If I didn't want to ship the boots back, the company would give me a 15% rebate, which I could use to "repair the cloth" of one of the boots to make it a size smaller. That is, of course, an impossibility. Given the several complaints, I am hoping that PayPal will decide in our favor to refund our money spent.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlyPally 

What happened?

I presume you filed an Item Not Received case and PayPal ruled against you because seller provided a tracking number that shows a "delivered" status? Do you have reason to suspect the tracking number is fake? Or the item was shipped to a different but nearby address?

Then:

A) File a police report with your local PD for theft or fraud:

- https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

B) File a theft or fraud report with courier.

- Get in writing official documentation of the courier's findings.

C) Collect up all of these reports, pdf them and upload to appeal case.

*Can't file an appeal for just disagreeing with the decision; have to present new evidence to prove the wrong decision was made, just like a court case.

PayPal may rule against you if you did not receive your item and there is proof of delivery to your correct address which likely means the item was stolen and seller/PayPal can not be responsible for the security of your facilities.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TCartagena77
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a nice hoodie/sweater for my birthday. It's going on week 5 and they won't respond back to any of my emails. I do not know what to do.. I'm so upset and disappointed.
Login to Me Too

Howsitallwork
Contributor
Contributor

If your paypal account is attached to you credit card or a bank account that has protection, you could ask for a refund from your bank.  You will need to report it to paypal.  This group of companies need to be reported the more people that know of their poor practices the better chance the public will have of avoiding them.

Login to Me Too

SueRob5
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem with them and Paypal. They sent one item a bracelet which fell apart, said they sent another, not received.

They admitted NOT sending 2 others but to get refund on the order has been impossible. Went through resolution centre and although they has admitted to not sending 2 items in emails through the resolution centre, Paypal decided in their favour as they apparently provided dispatch information.

I'm out over £40 for a £2.66 bracelet. Now Fashion Sophia I bought from, their website has gone!

Login to Me Too

Nltnail
Contributor
Contributor
I too am in a dispute with Fashionweb International. I order a sweater coat that came absolutely nothing like they advertised or pictured. My shipping label said it was shipped from California yet when I contacted the company about returning it they gave me a China address to shop to or offered 25% refund. I packaged it up and headed to the post office only to find out it was going to cost me over $40 to ship and the purchase price was $48. I recontacted them telling them this was unacceptable and they said the best they will do is 30%. The product is so poor that this is just not acceptable and I am refusing to pay it. Hopefully PayPal will agree and even more so put a stop to this company selling products
Login to Me Too

wheelchairwitch
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately even if you do send items back to China,  i have been told, they won't sign for returns, as Paypal will deduct the original payment. Unless they do, it is unlikely you'll get a refund.  All you can do is warn everyone about these scammers, on Facebook etc, not to buy. in the hope we can save someone else from being burnt.

Login to Me Too

pnw-lady
Contributor
Contributor
Why would PayPal continue any association with this company? I, too, just received two items (of several I ordered back in September) which were advertised as knitted/yarn. What came was some strange thin viscose material which literally had a photo of the item imprinted on the material. Bizarre. Fraud! They got me for $80+ and after 10 weeks they still haven’t delivered the remaining items-which will be crap if they come, no doubt.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Gotta hand it to these Chinese stores/sellers. They know how to work The Matrix. They get all set up in the US in this way and do the hustle.

Got to be careful who you buy from, anyone can set up show, so do research before you buy or stick to the big name stores and brands you know and buy direct because you know what you are getting, even though it may cost a bit more. If you shop around long enough you can easily see it a mile away, even if it is a US address on the website.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Howsitallwork
Contributor
Contributor

They are set up all over, UK FRANCE GERMANY where ever they can they invade like worms.  the only way to stop them is to keep telling people your connections of the company name and associated names.  

Login to Me Too

Howsitallwork
Contributor
Contributor

Keep letting people know, that the only way at the moment of making people aware of the bad practices.  Paypal do not appear to want to protect their customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.