re: Fanshionweb International

Squeaker17
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two pairs of shoes from Goodsgreats, based upon an ad on Facebook. The payment went to Fashionweb International. The boots I received were nothing like the photo from Goodsgreats. They were a very cheap knockoff, one pair fit snug and the other pair was too big--even thought I ordered the same size in both pairs. I was told the same story as some others in this community blog. I had to return the boots to China--not Morristown, NJ, where they were shipped from. I had to provide tracking and only AFTER THE COMPANY inspected the boots would I receive a refund. The cost of the boots was less than the cost of shipping them to China. PayPal has not yet determined if it can help me, but after reading the comments here, I see that Fanshionweb International has a practice of misrepresenting its products in its advertisements. BTW: If I didn't want to ship the boots back, the company would give me a 15% rebate, which I could use to "repair the cloth" of one of the boots to make it a size smaller. That is, of course, an impossibility. Given the several complaints, I am hoping that PayPal will decide in our favor to refund our money spent.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Squeaker17 

Something to consider if you haven't already done so:

Within the first 20 days of the dispute you can negotiate with the seller for a resolution. However, if you returned the items and have a tracking number, you can escalate to PayPal, providing the tracking number to get PayPal to rule on the return and issue a refund if shipment tracking is showing that the return was 'delivered' if the case is sitting idle at the moment.

You can apply to get reimbursed for the return shipping:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Squeaker17
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I am already working with PayPal's resolution center to return my money and have escalated my dispute for the purchase. I really don't want to pay to ship the shoes back because the cost of shipping is more than the cost of the product and I'm not assured Fanshionweb International will refund my money anyway. I feel that Fanshionweb International knows very well that its terms for refunds make it financially harsh for anyone to return faulty products. Finding other complaints about the company on this PayPal web blog might help my case.

Login to Me Too

Jill471
Contributor
Contributor

I had similar experience.  Shirt was not true to size and was of very cheap material.  They offered me 15% and then 25% discount.  Wish I had taken it but chose to send the product back.  Postage was exhorbitant because it had to go back to China.  Used the label they provided but of course two months later they claim it has not arrived.   PayPal have just accepted their position that the item has not arrived so they are of no help whatsoever.  Steer clear of this company, they are scammers and are not subjected to any penalty from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wheelchairwitch wrote:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns not working!

Do a web search for "PayPal return shipping [and your country]" and see what shows up.

I just clicked it and it works for me. Maybe you have to be logged off or your country is not USA.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @sharpiemarker and @wheelchairwitch

The following link will work for all countries where the reimbursement program is available https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin 

Thanks for the tip!

Login to Me Too

Howsitallwork
Contributor
Contributor

AVOID FANSHIONWEB OR ANY ASSOCIATED COMPANY THEY ARE CON MERCHANTS THEY DO NOT SEND PRODUCTS THEY APPEAR TO TAKE PICS FROM PINTEREST IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A CRAP ITEM SENT TO YOU THEY DEMAND YOU RETURN IT TO CHINA REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU PURCHASED THAT IS OF COURSE AFTER THEY HAVE **bleep** YOU AROUND FOR A FEW WEEKS ASKING FOR YOU TO WAIT FOR WELL OVERDUE ITEMS TO ARRIVE WHICH OF COURSE THEY DO NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT SEND THEM>  AVOID AVOID AVOID AND PLEASE TELL EVEYONE YOU KNOW TO AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.  PAYPAL DONT RESOLVE ISSUES THROUGH THE RESOLUTION CENTRE WITH THIS COMPANY THEY COLLUDE WITH THEM   BAD BAD PRACTICE PAYPAL 

Login to Me Too

AlyPally
New Community Member

I have had the same problem, items not received but Paypal have denied my claim so I've been scammed for £50.

Bloody furious!

Never shop with these con artists, EVER!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.