random products arrived from Chino ,Ca and paypal scammer issues

woofnh
New Community Member

I received plastic clips from <removed> that I did not order. Thee is nothing else in the packaging.  Has my account been breached?  anything I should do?

I also ordered products that never came from China and have been fighting with PayPal.  They say they will back you up but they did not.

The tracking number says it came to my town and state but had a different name and phone number.  I contacted the woman it says it went to to see if she got my package.  She did not.  I then contacted Paypal again, did a three way call with UPS.  UPS sent me the documents proving the package was not sent to me.  Paypal agent said scammers will pick a random person in the same town and state because that is all Paypal requires.  I sent all documentation to paypal and was assured they would review the case and my proof should resolve the issue.  Apparently not because I got another denial for the same reason (seller provided tracking number).  I've exhausted the paypal route at this point.  I understand its not a lot of money but their policies need to be addressed.  I was counting on Paypal as a business that verifies its sellers. I cant even lodge a complaint at Paypal (I tried).  I don't think its right that companies can get away with this.  Most consumers would just let this go but I can't.  I don't think its fair what they put me through.  I gave them everything they asked for and they still denied the case.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@woofnh 

PayPal does not vet it's sellers, or have control over the products/services sold, etc: Disclaimer of Warranty & Release

Nor provide a guarantee, warranty or insurance on the transactions. The seller protection and buyer/purchase protection programs (as buyers can also return items to a nearby address) both has it's limitations. If you paid with credit card, your best bet if a PayPal dispute falls short, is to dispute through your credit or debit card. 

"If you used a debit or credit card as the payment method for a transaction through your PayPal account and you are dissatisfied with the transaction, you may be entitled to dispute the transaction with your card issuer. Applicable card chargeback rights may be broader than those available to you under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is an old trick,for anything under $750,no signature is required as long as tracking shows delivered.

so scammer will ship empty box to an address in your zipcode and the Paypal bot will see that it has been delivered.

you need to file chargeback with your cc issuer and show it has been delivered elswhere by UPS.

they wil lose and slapped with $20 fee ,the more they do,the more $20 fee they will pay.

also report them t o Ebay if it is ebay order

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@woofnh 

PayPal does not vet it's sellers, or have control over the products/services sold, etc: Disclaimer of Warranty & Release

Nor provide a guarantee, warranty or insurance on the transactions. The seller protection and buyer/purchase protection programs (as buyers can also return items to a nearby address) both has it's limitations. If you paid with credit card, your best bet if a PayPal dispute falls short, is to dispute through your credit or debit card. 

"If you used a debit or credit card as the payment method for a transaction through your PayPal account and you are dissatisfied with the transaction, you may be entitled to dispute the transaction with your card issuer. Applicable card chargeback rights may be broader than those available to you under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kansasearthy
Contributor
Contributor
I received two items that I did not order and being charged for them. I got two necklaces and I do not want them. I had ordered two bracelets very pretty turquoise bracelets and this is not what I ordered I want my full refund back and I will return these with postage paid.
Login to Me Too

pkouzmitcheu
New Community Member

I think this company is a scam. I ordered 6 filters for my refrigerator, waited for the delivery for few month. Finally the order was delivered to my mail box, but instead of the filters I got some strange piece of fabric (see photos attached). The sender address is the same as mentioned in this thread - <removed>20200722_224453_.jpg20200722_224507_.jpg

Login to Me Too

Kansasearthy
Contributor
Contributor

wow keep me informed

Login to Me Too

tomb177
New Community Member

I just received a 12 pack of mini toilet paper.i did not order.so far I have not been charged .

I don't use pay pal except for a  charity .

And there are no charges on my credit card

So what was the point? 

Login to Me Too

random14
New Community Member

i too received a random hair tie from chino, ca

Login to Me Too

boler4
Contributor
Contributor

Why won't Paypal stand behind us and realize China is scamming a lot of people in this and other countries. Something isn't right about that, what's the point in filing a dispute.  Seems like they don't take the time to look into the problem thoroughly and what are they basing they're decisions on, it's CHINA

come on Paypal.  Maybe one of your staffers could order something from these dealers and see what it's like and how frustrating it is to constantly get the runaround.

Login to Me Too

sashepard12
Contributor
Contributor

I just receive a package from this address.  Nothing I ordered.  Will they try to charge me on Paypal?  What has happened to other people that received something from <removed>, Chino, CA <removed>?  Do you send it back or what?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.