"have a free return on us". Tried it and Im going round in circles.Nothing seems to be happening.

exodice1
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item which the seller confirmed fitted my car. When it didnt, seller said: no problem, tell eBay it didnt fit and they will issue you a returns label.I did this and eBay wanted to charge me for return.In addition they quoted £3.25 which was insufficient for the weight.I would have gone to the Post Office and they would have wanted about £10 more. eBay said it must be my my fault, and I should have said,"not as described" when it would have been sellers fault. The "system" wont let you change the wording. If you cancel the rejection the "system " wont let you reject it again. Its some kind of dystopian system. Paypals ad says" have a return on us". Ive tried that and nothing is happening. Their system also has you going around in circles.Any ideas anyone on how to get some sense out of anybody. eBay immediately cancelled my returns application because "Im now dealing via paypal."

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@exodice1 

When you open an ebay dispute they give you some options, if they are not the right ones you click on 'more' and get the 'not as described' option which means seller pays postage, pays to read carefully before opening disputes.

If you then decide to open a paypal dispute and win then yes if you have activated the below link before you made the transaction (been on accounts for years to activate) then you can return the item and claim the postage costs back again after you have posted it.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.