cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION" IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

Volunteer Advisor

Re: "PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION" IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

Contributor

Thank you for the link, I am looking into it and will call them the third time with this information. Thanks
New Community Member

This also happened to me. I sold something on ebay, the buyer had low feedback but the money was there in my account so I sent the Cd key for the game. Now PayPal have sided with the scammer and I now know (too late) that seller protection is a joke. They also hit me with a $15 chargeback fee! 

PayPal have got too big and now they do not offer the seller protection they promise. Going to look at regulatory bodies to see if they need to stop advertising their seller protection. 

Highlighted
Volunteer Advisor

Sorry to hear you're having issues, but it's actually pretty clear in PayPal's Seller Protection details that digital goods are not covered.  So you sold something that isn't covered to a buyer that did not have much positive history.  I would chalk it up to a learning experience.  You would have the same issue with any other payment processor, too.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

I am a victim of PayPal's false advertising of seller protection. 

I shipped products signature confirmation, provided proof buyer changing accusation/story 3 times, proof of receipt of the products when I purchased them from reputable dealers and even video footage of packing and shipping that was filmed due to the price level of this transaction as a precautionary measure. All details of proof match the pictures in listing and description provided in listing. Serial #'s and all. In the end, it doesn't even matter. The buyer threaten to get the FBI two week ago(sent that screen shot to paypal). I am still waiting.... All that is left is civil suit. For me to spend even more money.

In the end no form of evidence/proof matters. SELLERS BEWARE! I lost $5,720 thanks to PayPal false advertisement. Buyer has the money now (instant reversal) and my property. 

True colors has shine through. 

New Community Member

You know, this makes me question why PayPal charge the high fees that they charge. If we can’t get protection, then what good is the service? Apart from able to accept card payment easier. But I can do that on the revolut app for free. People can also send me money to my bank for free. I think it is time we all start accepting crypto payments. Then no reverse charges, and they have to deal with you directly if they have a problem. It will resolve the scammers buying goods. But not selling goods.

Tags (2)
Volunteer Advisor

Don't let teaser rates fool you. PayPal's fees are much cheaper than other payment processors when you factor in the discount rate, transaction fee, statement fees, PCI compliance fees, etc.

What good is the service? A one stop shop for PayPal, credit cards, Apple/Android payments easily integrated into websites, mobile apps, games, or whatever it is you're doing.

If somebody sends you a check you're going to wait a few days to be able to use the money. There is opportunity cost here while you wait on your money.
PayPal is instant. If they do an ACH deposit then there will be a fee. If you're taking credit cards through any other service there will be fees, too, and usually avg. the same or higher than PayPal unless you happen to be taking a lot of point-of-sale transactions with personal Visa debit cards.

Crypto is great, but we're still a long ways for using it as actual currency in my opinion. It's just too volatile. Sure, pay a 2.9% fee with PayPal, but take a payment with Crypto and you could lose 20% in 10 min.

You really need to consider all factors when thinking about these things.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!