"New fraud" in gaming industry

firehorselord
New Community Member

What happen in my gaming experience is I purchase an item as advertised by the game master, but later on GM announces to us that it is an error so they had to collect back the items which only can be bought by spending and compensate us items that can get for free by killing monsters. its kind of you pay for beef but got chicken chop instead. I wrote Game Master, Google play to ask for refund, Google ask me to consult GM and GM ask me to consult Google, like playing tennis, and I thought paypal can help me crawl back or hold the payment for 3 days then release to the seller but it does not seem like any party here is helping. hence this seems to be a good environment for "frauds?" to grow.

I could not reopen the closed case to explain the situation clearer. I put my case in the wrong categorisation earlier. The correct dispute should be I did not received what I purchased. I put it wrongly at unauthorisation, so when I click at the same transaction, it is closed, now i cannot put it under the correct categorisation. Hence of course paypal cannot refund because i did indeed authorise the transaction, but i did not get what is advertised by the seller. I need paypal to look into this part.

• Case ID: PP-D-xxx7639
• Transaction amount: $139.98 SGD
• Dispute amount: $139.98 SGD
• Your transaction ID: xxx6216
• Transaction date: 1 March 2021

pls assist. this is making things very difficult.. Let us clear the misunderstanding fast and move on.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firehorselord 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ozwick
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

These days scammers can open more then 1 disputes. i have 15 claims running for 1 transaction. even if you give the ip-adres of the buyer as a proof of delivery, they don't check it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.