"Buyer" claims "unauthorized purchase".

Namism77
Contributor
Contributor

So it seems a long time "friend" of mine has found a new way to scam people, banks mostly but friends as well. Not sure what to do about it. Done what all I can and it has not accomplished anything. Allow me to break it down a little.

Went to stay with long time friend of 15 years or so after her father passed away. In the few short weeks I could not begin to tell you how many times she was telling me or showing me how this person and that person got her for this amount and that amount. So instantly I am like how are all these people accessing your various accounts to send themselves money. It was not making any sense, but I still helped her call and report it to places like Western Union, or her dads credit card company, etc. 

Yep you heard me correctly, her dads credit card company, the deceased man has a credit card. Okay so more to the point. I had helped her book a rental car, her 3rd rental car because she wrecked her own and 2 rentals within a week or 2. So I set it all up per her request with whatever info she gave me (she has hard time hearing, or claims of not hearing). We took LYFT there to find out she cant rent a car without her father there to show for his credit card. So I go back online and find a diff company and we jump in a lyft to there. On the way she asks me to show her, help her send me some money. She owed me some but sent a little extra, no prob right? WRONG! She turns around and claims "unauthorized" transaction, right along with the car rental places that took her deposit and didn't give her a car. Yep same ones I helped her reserve. Awesome right?. NOT! 

Over a month later I log into my PayPal and I am in the negative over $500 dollars, my husbands accounts was also in the negative almost $200, he hauled some stuff to dump for her and she paid him via pay pal. 

I think you are getting the gist of the story. She is paying us, and others with her dead dads credit card, her own debit cards, etc via pay pal, western union, Facebook, then turns around and claims unauthorized charges. Plays the pity party part to whomever will listen. She is robbing us all including the dead and Nobody is doing a damn thing about it. I called her dads credit card companies bank and they literally said there was nothing they can do.  Emailed one of her banks I knew she was dealing with they never responded. paypal isnt doing anything. Its been over 2 months and my account is still negative 500+, husbands as well. The other I know she did it to prob dont even have a clue she is doing it, hell they probably taught her. 

So I seen her claim several transactions that were "unauthorized", but couldnt see how when she told me. She said some off the wall stories and nonsense. She is getting away with scamming us out of money we cant afford to be without for over 2 months. Wells Fargo and Suntrust are a joke I know that much. Neither one would give me time a day, Paypal only says to reach out to "buyer", they will not disclose her banking info at all, not even a name. Pretty sure it was Sun trust account but they did nothing when I called them, said something asinine like well your are not the account holder so I can discuss this with you. I am all like do you get that person has been dead for 6 months. Which also I cannot find any record of his death anywhere online. She never even told me for 2 months...even after I sent a welfare check to check on the, both. 

It is high time someone does something to stop this jerk face from scamming anyone else. She uses different accounts so not more than 1 maybe 2 get claimed on each as far as I can tell, or a entire couple days transactions. Regardless she is getting away with it as far as I can see. Any suggestions??????

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.