"Buyer Protection" is a JOKE

bcde
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered items from a 3rd party seller 4 MONTHS AGO via PayPal, thinking I had Buyer Protection. LOL. After a month, the seller hadn't shipped my items yet, so i requested a refund. THEN, 4 DAYS LATER, the seller provides shipping details... with an INVALID TRACKING NUMBER. I disputed that and notated it. PayPal still wouldn't give me my money back so I filed a claim with my bank. Well, they DENIED my claim because PayPal LIED and said the package was delivered! IT WAS NOT. PayPal can provide absolutely NO PROOF it was delivered (because it WASN'T) and it's been 4 MONTHS! They're saying I now have to prove it DIDN'T get delivered, even though I proved multiple times that the tracking number DOESN'T EVEN EXIST. So I'm SOL then? I filed a complaint with the BBB. I know $80 isn't a lot to some people but it's MY money and it was STOLEN.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your story is familiar and has been played out many many times.

This is a difficult case because PP wants buyer to prove a negative (non-delivery) vs the seller proving a positive (confirmed delivery). 

Try customer service again is my only advice.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.