pure challenge and paypals awful service

zoeyvonne88
Contributor
Contributor

In july 2017 i paid £130 to a company called pure challenge for an event in may this year. In april the company disappeared. Not legally in administration but doesn't exist. taking mine and many others money. I was told over 180 days - no refund. This is not a normal situation. I have since had a lot of PROOF  and EVIDENCE that PayPal are refunding and or crediting people over 180 days. People who paid in June 2017 even one you paid in january 2017. I have been called a liar on twitter, facebook and over the phone. You can refund one and not the others. This is surely a different situation where a company has ran away with our money. Why should I be punished for paying in advance? where is my protection? The bank won't pay because of the way PayPal take the money apparently. Its down to them. They are the liars. The service iv received has been awful. Not just me either.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Cbuchan
Contributor
Contributor
I too paid for an event with pure challenge in August 2017 and the event was due to take place in May 2018. The company have ceased trading and now advertising under a different name. They have disappeared with my money £65 which might not be a lot for some but I am on a tight budget and this was a one off event for me. It was on my bucket list before I turn 50 so gutted isn't the word! I have emailed PayPal any help appreciated... Can't believe that this has happened
Login to Me Too

Carole5
Contributor
Contributor
In August 2017 i paid £450 & in Sept £90 to a company called pure challenge for an event in July this year. In april the company disappeared. Not legally in administration but doesn't exist. taking mine and many others money. I was told over 180 days - no refund. This is not a normal situation. I have since had a lot of PROOF and EVIDENCE that PayPal are refunding and or crediting people over 180 days. People who paid in June 2017 even one you paid in january 2017. I have been called a liar on twitter, facebook and over the phone. You can refund one and not the others. This is surely a different situation where a company has ran away with our money. Why should I be punished for paying in advance? where is my protection? The bank won't pay because of the way PayPal take the money apparently. Its down to them. The service iv received has been awful. Not just me either. Unfortunately my next option will have to be financial ombudsmen service.
Login to Me Too

zoeyvonne88
Contributor
Contributor
I have already been in touch with them. Every other day I have new information of someone over 180 days getting their refund one way or another. Apparently if you have your account for a long time that helps! Trading standards have also been told
Login to Me Too

Redshillfarm
New Community Member
Me too!! PayPal are still refusing to acknowledge the refund/credit of people over 180 days, it seems to be completely at random, and dependant on the advisor you get as to whether you get your money back. Infuriating!!
Login to Me Too

kazfee
Contributor
Contributor

Same here!

Information is that the guy from Pure Challenge has set up another company - Outdoor Escape Holidays which I have informed Paypal as they say they are in discussions to get the money refunded. 

There is no way Paypal will get the money back.

I know one person that has been refunded after the 180 so I am fighting with that case. 

Im so angry as I would not pay with Paypal but they did not give you the choice.

Think Ill get on to Watchdog! 

Login to Me Too

zoeyvonne88
Contributor
Contributor
There have been alot of people refunded out of the 180 days but PayPal won't change their mind on my case. Financial ombudsmen have passed my case on now. PayPal have acknowledged that they are refunding people others but womt say why or why they won't refund me. It's been weeks surely they can make a decision by now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.