purchasing a drone online and then i find out about shipping and possible scam

rayceray
Contributor
Contributor

i saw a add about a drone that advertised on line only and could be bought 1/2 for $99. i have seen this add 50 plus times over past 6 months or more .i finally had some sales on ebay and had a way to purchase. something online using a paypal account.it said 99 and like most sales tried to a few more tomes sell me more of the item for cheaper price .i declinded.then it said shipping 5.95 and it had to go to my paypal account addresses on file .so i said ok .then it said sale done and emailed me my confirmation when i went to see when i receive it said 6 weeks and i want to stop right away.i bought for a gift and was going to say i pay more and get it faster. i couldnt fine anything about drone but did about the company that got paid seconds after i hit the button.it showes on internet that the company zestads limited.but  below the paypal statement was disputes@resolutionsupports .com. i thought thats was interesting after it shower my transaction number. it seems if it was a bad site paypal not give my money out .so in closing im trying to verifyif this is a scam and if it is how do i go about getting my  $105 BACK THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ADVISE AND HELP 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rayceray 

Zestads limited has been mentioned here in the forums a few times as being problematic. If it takes 6 weeks, this is a china company or a dropshipper. PayPal only let you file Item Not Received claim (where the seller has to provide proof of delivery/tracking number to close dispute) or Significantly Not as Described claims (where you will be required to return item for refund out of pocket with tracking back to seller to get refund) but PayPal has a return shipping refund program: 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns !!!!Please sign up before filing a dispute to be eligible for return shipping refund!!!

This is the extent of purchase protection. It's not a 100% guarantee, warranty, cover everything insurance so there are conditions and limitations. If PayPal dispute not work out to your liking and you paid with credit card, you can always dispute through card issuer instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rayceray
Contributor
Contributor

SO I JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR 6 WEEKS AND SEE IF I GET OR DONT GET THEN I CAN TRY FILING A ACTION .IS THAT  WHAT I WAS UNDERSTANDING IF SO THANK YOU FOR YOU ASSISTANCE 

Login to Me Too

Zestads
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, we are sorry you have had to get to this point. If you sent us an email or support request recently, we may have not gotten to it yet but we will.

Please send us your order number by contacting us at <removed> using the exact e-mail address which you have registered to PayPal which you have filled in the system so that we can further assist you. 

This email is for the VERY HIGH PRIORITY cases such as yours here and treated by a separate dedicated customers support team.

WE LOVE to find out what's going on, and solve this case ASAP. We look forward to your email.

Login to Me Too

rayceray
Contributor
Contributor

thankyou for your concern and assistance .i received a email yesterday saying its on its way  !!!!! i will miss the birthday date but i can always give a belated gift .thats understandable in these times   AGAIN THANK YOU FOR HELPING ANSWER MY QUESTION HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.