purchased from Compromised account

Peter521
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a sun Lounger on wed on ebay using paypal linked to my credit card account. Now I receive an email to say that it was from a Compromised account. When I log into ebay its says its been removed from sale but if ive paid i should receive the item. The item location was In Bedfordshire Uk  but the seller i see is in the  USA    The transaction was in sterling but as now changed to dollars. When i go to paypal it says money transferred from credit card  but  pending in paypal. This is totally confusing as if i try to open a resolution and go to the item its says ive not bought it. I cant be waiting and hope this item turns up from who knows where. The ebay money back guarantee doesnt help as it keeps saying ive not bought the item.

All I know is it shouldnt be this complicated to be refunded when Ebay themselves have flagged the transaction as faulty

Peter 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mgracev4
Contributor
Contributor

were you able to refund your payment? If so, what did you do?
I'm currently experiencing the same problem and had a ton of difficulty finding help.

Login to Me Too

Peter521
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I eventually managed to get a number for paypal and spoke to somebody who removed  the charge. It would have been on the mobile. If i can find the number I will post it here

Login to Me Too

egs
New Community Member

I had the same problem but the amount refunded the paypal account after cancel the transaction but now, i want the money back in credit card but not able to do without adding Bank details or paypal commision for sending money.  Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

Login to Me Too

Peter521
Contributor
Contributor

paypal dont charge commision to draw the money out. Just draw the money out into your Bank account 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.