prevent further charges

butlerr
Contributor
Contributor

I recently signed up for one of those meal kit services.  They charged me more than they said they would AND they sent me damaged boxes.  I contacted their customer support and they assured me they would credit me back and send me a new kit for free.  The next kit was also damaged AND they charged me for it.  I contacted their customer support - same song and dance - they would credit my account and send me a new box.  After 4 weeks back and forth of damaged items (or wrong items) and them charging me for each and every one, I told them never-mind just cancel my subscription.  For 3 weeks, I didn't receive anything.  Then, the past 3 weeks they started sending me boxes again - with all the same old problems.  My account does show as inactive on their website, however they continue to charge me every week.  I contacted my bank about refunding the first batch of charges.  The second batch I'm trying to contact PayPal, but I'm running into 2 problems:

1.  Everything on PayPal customer support seems to be automated.  It won't let me ask a generic question.  It will only accept info for each specific transaction.  And it responds with automated answers that don't at all match my original query.  Is there any way to get to a human?
2.  While I do want the current charges credited back, my biggest concern is preventing future charges.  How do I disallow a company from charging my account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SallyCD
Contributor
Contributor
Assume its the same in US as UK. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page. Select 'My money'. In the 'My preapproved payments' section, click 'Update'. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click 'Cancel.' Click 'Cancel Profile' to confirm your request. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@butlerr

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.