possible scam? pattops.com

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

so i bought some toilet paper from pattops.com on 3/27 and i checked on my order today via the link i got in the email to "view your order" and the link is invalid. did a little digging and noticed on my bank statement it shows <removed> and the paypal payment went to "weihongda Trading Co., Ltd" with the email address that ends in <removed>

maicieba.xyz isn't a real website

there's no contact numbers on pattops.com

the contact email on pattops.com is a gmail account

the pattops.com site has recently been modified and they removed toilet paper

<removed>

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

Greg19601
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact issue here.  Same email responses from Weihongda.  Product shows shipped with tracking in the Paypal dispute resolution.  I have written my money off.  It is not much in the grand scheme of things.  I do not understand why paypal did not intercede earlier given the number of complaints.  At this point I would be OK with paypal donating the money to charity.  I just don't want Weihongda to get it. 

Login to Me Too

ruashark
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting fake tracking numbers from this scammer! I hope Pay Pal is paying attention to this, this is ridiculous back us up on this Pay Pal!

Login to Me Too

SLCCFJ
Contributor
Contributor

I have been fighting with Paypal for a refund since early March. I was told we had to give this scam company time to ship the item. They finally sent a tracking number. For over 2 months they said they could not do anything because the item was shipped and the item was moving. After two months I received a delivery of a small package with about 72 very tiny rolls of toilet paper. They didn't even have the cardboard roll in them. I contacted Paypal again and change my complaint from "not being delivered" to "Item not as described". PayPal has now told me I have to wait until July for a answer because the seller needs to respond. It's all **bleep**. Paypal will not shut them down from using Paypal. There for anyone who uses Paypal for payment gets **bleep**. I have had numerous correspondence with Paypal and the just keep giving me the run around. I have filed a complaint with the FTC but have not heard anything back from them either. I have about 5 emails from the scam company too. Every time I get an email from them it is different. Some say the Item is out of stock, It shipped, its on back order.  It's all scam knowing they can just string it along and Paypal will not do anything to shut them down. I have sent email from them to Paypal, pictures of the product they sent etc. Don't expect Paypal to refund the money. I am going to close my account and not let them make any more money off me. I use to do all my online shopping using Paypal because I thought they had our best interest, but they do not take care of their customers or uphold the policies they have in place to protect us as consumer.

Login to Me Too

HM61
Contributor
Contributor

I put in a fraud claim April 10th, & still nothing. Last month Weihongda sent a scam tracking number to Paypal. It shows the item shipping on May 19th from Inglewood California, then tracking an around the world trip, going to Beijing, Tokyo, then back to California customs where it says released from customs, & delivered. I never received anything, & why did the item go from California to Beijing, Tokyo, etc and I live in Nevada? How does Paypal not see this is a scam. I reported this company & Paypal to the FTC because of my concern. They keep pushing the investigation back. They now say they might have an answer July 9th. This is insane. I've sent them articles from the Chicago Tribune about this company, showed them how the emails from Carrie Powell kept bouncing back. Don't know why they aren't taking this seriously. Been with Paypal 19 years. Never had a problem until now. I now don't trust them to do the right thing.

Login to Me Too

tran0006
Contributor
Contributor

I just receive 24 rolls of toilet paper last week after waiting for 2 months and 23 days. My original order was for 24 mega rolls of Quilted Northern toilet paper with each roll contains over 300 sheets of paper. What I'd received was 24 rolls of toilet paper of no name brand made by some Chinese company. Each of these roll contains exactly 30 sheets of paper (yes, I did count the sheets). There is no question this is a Chinese scam because what I received was not what I'd ordered. Paypal told me that they will resolve the issue after 3 weeks but the Chinese scammer was clever enough to send Paypal a tracking number 1 day before the 3 week deadline and so Paypal didn't do anything because they assume the item was on its way. It was on its way alright but for an additional 58 days and when the item arrived it was not what I'd ordered. Luckily, after waiting for over a month I contacted my credit card company to complaint and received a full refund. This unfortunate incident taught me never to buy anything from an unknown or not well known online merchant. Only buy from well known merchants such as Amazon, eBay, or Walmart, etc. or merchants listed here: https://www.resellerratings.com/ and use your credit card directly for purchase instead of Paypal because let's face it why use Paypal when they don't honor their policy on fraudulent merchants, it is just a waste of time. 

Login to Me Too

markolivares
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same thing happen. Total **bleep**. I ordered 18 Mage rolls and got 18 tiny rolls in one and a half packages - they OPENED one and tore it in half. Total effing Thieves.

Login to Me Too

Greg19601
Contributor
Contributor

In my recent discussion with paypal I noted something when reviewing the fake tracking information.  The size and weight listed (4x6X1inch) 1.1 lbs is clearly inconsistent with a 16 pack of toilet paper.  I pointed this out to paypal.  Hopefully this will help break the chain of delay with continually supplying fake tracking information. 

Login to Me Too

HM61
Contributor
Contributor

I can tell you Paypal will do nothing. I have put in a dispute 3 times to them, & they keep dismissing my dispute. I never even got a tracking from Weihongda. Never received the toilet paper of course, It's been over a month. I've reported Weihongda & Paypal to the FTC. Paypal has been completely negligent. They should be ashamed letting people get ripped off this way. We will be finding another company to do business with after 19 years of using Paypal. They don't care about their customers. All greed. 

Login to Me Too

BigGunNH
Contributor
Contributor
I agree PayPal has done nothing to help us consumers who have been scammed. I will never use them again. I called my credit card company two or three weeks ago and disputed the charge. I must say that at least Chase bank stands behind their customers or at least in my case. I'm so disappointed with PayPal. I always thought it was the safest way to protect me but they did absolutely nothing! Nor could you even get a person to talk to. Live and learn.
Login to Me Too

Jncr
Contributor
Contributor
Yesterday and today, I was told that they will not refund the money because the scammer made fake FEI transit tracking numbers as if toilet paper and face masks were going to come from Wuhan. I pointed out the Weighongda Trading Company does not make or distribute TP or face masks and they didn’t care. They said “the vendor provided a Chinese carrier tracking so something is on its way”. This is ridiculous. It was on the news about THIS very scam! We should try to get the news to cover the story that PayPal is refusing to protect its users.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.