possible scam? pattops.com

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

so i bought some toilet paper from pattops.com on 3/27 and i checked on my order today via the link i got in the email to "view your order" and the link is invalid. did a little digging and noticed on my bank statement it shows <removed> and the paypal payment went to "weihongda Trading Co., Ltd" with the email address that ends in <removed>

maicieba.xyz isn't a real website

there's no contact numbers on pattops.com

the contact email on pattops.com is a gmail account

the pattops.com site has recently been modified and they removed toilet paper

<removed>

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Further to my last- I got to this post by inputting a different company name. So although it may seem I have introduced a different supplier I believe its the same ring of companies. However, it appears that Ppal do not seem to be stamping down on iffy teaders to the detriment of the buying Customers. Only tonight ( 4Aug) my neighbour said he lost about £60 through the same type of action with Ppal but couldnt be bothered with the aggro & tension of a dispute.
Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Further sorry- its irrperb that write to me with delivery data but Zhixin that shows on Ppal payment data.
Login to Me Too

ChevelleH
New Community Member

Same issue I am having with PayPal.  It seems like they have allowed these scammers and now instead of actually standing up to what they claim, they side with the scammers.  They will lose if they actually stop the scammers because it is so many of them.  They barely acknowledged my claim except with the same information the scammers used.  These fake tracking numbers and Paypal will accept that a package was delivered even though the tracking number never reaches a destination.  I am going to dispute this with the seller again, Paypal and I will continue and as far as necessary. I will never stop going after people who steal from me, including Paypal.

Login to Me Too

karinmcc
Contributor
Contributor

I have the EXACT same complaint.  They send the sleeves so they can provide Paypal with a tracking number, but they never sent the chairs.  I am fighting this, too.

Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor

carmenflores810
Contributor
Contributor

It is a shame of people stealing your money in this time. They need to stop stealing money and PayPal needs to protect us from these thieves.

Login to Me Too

Denver4050
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal appears to be supporting a FRAUDULENT business. Dolltu (aka Bao Xinke) is charging customers for purchases then sending bogus UPS Tracking information. The shipments have nothing to do with the buyer. Read your own Customer Comments regarding this FRAUDULENT activity. There are at least 40 people with the same issue.

Login to Me Too

markolivares
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is stringing people along, then denying their claims. We need to move away from Paypal at this point. They've lost my trust. Knowingly co-operating with scammers.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2020/04/10/scammed-by-that-toilet-paper-or-coronavirus-face-mask-yo...

Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
I think its more like 4000. A Ppal worker whistleblower would be good.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.