possible scam? pattops.com

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

so i bought some toilet paper from pattops.com on 3/27 and i checked on my order today via the link i got in the email to "view your order" and the link is invalid. did a little digging and noticed on my bank statement it shows <removed> and the paypal payment went to "weihongda Trading Co., Ltd" with the email address that ends in <removed>

maicieba.xyz isn't a real website

there's no contact numbers on pattops.com

the contact email on pattops.com is a gmail account

the pattops.com site has recently been modified and they removed toilet paper

<removed>

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

BigGunNH
Contributor
Contributor
Your best bet is to contact your credit card company. Then close your PayPal account. They are part of the scam. The only reason to use PayPal is to protect you from scammers but obviously they don't. I will just use my chase card for future purchases. At least they will do a chargeback.
Login to Me Too

MinkTANK
Contributor
Contributor

Just tried to file a dispute with this seller in the resolution centre, only to find that the "item didn't arrive" option was gone and my only real option was to contact the seller <removed>, which I know from a simple search is going to be useless. This is starting to look like a PayPal conspiracy or something lol. If PayPal does nothing I'll be claiming it back through my bank and complaining about PayPal to as many places as possible.

Login to Me Too

Greg19601
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure this helped but I did get notified today that I had won my dispute.    In keeping with my word I am donating the refund to the local humane society.  They apparently had 81 kittens dropped off last week. 

Login to Me Too

allenf65
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same problem and the company name was weihongda Trading Co., Ltd. I ordered toilet paper 3/27/2020 with the promise that it would ship in 3 days. All the emails that were sent to the addresses they listed came back not valid except one with a womans name and a Gmail account. They did not once mention it was coming from China which sucks because if I knew I would never have ordered. I opened a dispute with Paypal on 4/6/2020 about this whole thing, and to this day Paypal has still not solved my case. They seem to move very slow with disputes. Now they claim my case should be resolved on 5/14/2020, but its the 2nd time they have moved my resolution date. I don't why Paypal is taking so long with this dispute, its obvious they are a scammer and you can read everyone's case that has had the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Denver4050
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal appears to be supporting a FRAUDULENT business. Dolltu (aka Bao Xinke) is charging customers for purchases then sending bogus UPS Tracking information. The shipments have nothing to do with the buyer. Read your own Customer Comments regarding this FRAUDULENT activity. There are at least 40 people with the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Jncr
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has refused the refund for the scam. I filed the dispute within 2 days of purchase when I saw the Weighongda Trading Company was the name that appeared on the receipt after I paid for 20 Charmin mega rolls. I did a search and found the articles after I was scammed and sent the link to PayPal. PayPal falsely implies that I cannot get refunded because the scammer provider a fraudulent tracking number with FEIA. The TP was never received. When PayPal checks the fraudulent tracking, they insist that I may take a few months but I will receive the Charmin tp. Today is 5/15/20 and the purchase date was 3/31/20. It’s gotta be a scam that PayPal is a part of since they insist it’s a valid purchase. It’s been more than 1.5 months and I cannot get the money back from my bank because PayPal insists that a package is on its way from Weighongda Trading Company. WHAT A CROCK! I’m boycotting PayPal and using Venmo for safety since PayPal has been so very dishonest. PayPal lies about disputes and consumer protection. It’s false.
Login to Me Too

allenf65
Contributor
Contributor

That sucks. If I were you I would take it up the food chain ladder at Paypal, I even left feedback about how they handle dispute in their Resolution Center. I think they handle cases poorly, and with all the people who have had the same experience they should have a general alert for cases that involve some of these companies. Paypal is definitely big enough to handle it, but I would definitely take it to another person if possible. I also alerted the BBB.

Login to Me Too

tran0006
Contributor
Contributor

tran0006
Contributor
Contributor

Even if I finally receive the toilet paper after 2 or 3 months it is still a scam because that is not the information I saw in the ad when I purchase the TP. The ad said that the TP would be shipped within 24 hours and I should receive it within 7 days, none of this took place. Instead, according to the tracking number the TP was shipped 5 weeks after receiving my order and I'm still waiting for it now which is 17 days since the shipment. If the ad was honest and said that I should receive the TP in 2 or 3 month then I would never purchase it because let's face it who want to wait for a couple of months to receive the TP when you need it now. I had since bought toilet paper on Craigslist from a person who have a supply of commercial TP after waiting for 2 weeks in vain for the TP to arrive. The commercial TP is inferior to the consumer type you buy at retail establishments and at $1 per roll it is expensive but I was still happy to buy it because none was available anywhere in local retail stores. 

Login to Me Too

Derick4144
Contributor
Contributor
COMPLETE SCAM HERE!!! PAY WITH GOODS AND SERVICES ONLY!!!! This **bleep**hole needs to pay!! **bleep** a lot of people out of money. DO NOT AND I REOEAT, DDDOOO NNNOOTTT buy a single thing they offer. Feels like PAYPAL isn’t doing **bleep** about it either!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.