possible scam? pattops.com

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

so i bought some toilet paper from pattops.com on 3/27 and i checked on my order today via the link i got in the email to "view your order" and the link is invalid. did a little digging and noticed on my bank statement it shows <removed> and the paypal payment went to "weihongda Trading Co., Ltd" with the email address that ends in <removed>

maicieba.xyz isn't a real website

there's no contact numbers on pattops.com

the contact email on pattops.com is a gmail account

the pattops.com site has recently been modified and they removed toilet paper

<removed>

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

HM61
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered from this company & Paypal has denied me a refund twice. They have given me no reason as to why. This company is fraudulent. There have been many complaints online & in the media about Weihongda Trading yet Paypal is still allowing them to have an acct. I thought I was buying in the US, & after I bought the product, my receipt from Paypal said Carrie powel Weihongda Trading Co. It's a total bait & switch company & shameful that Paypal is still allowing them to do business. Disgusted!!!

Login to Me Too

tran6163
Contributor
Contributor

I have the  problem with scam seller,   i need help but never get  solution from paypal.I think paypal people don't know what the hell they doing to protect the buyer. From now on i dont' trust paypal anymore.

Login to Me Too

ruashark
Contributor
Contributor
These guys are scammers! I hope PayPal backs us up on this since they allowed them to have an account
Login to Me Too

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

oh look the paypal email address updated to <removed>

Login to Me Too

HM61
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem. When I went to Paypal after paying for the toilet paper, it said Weihongda Trading Co., Ltd, & the email address was Carrie <removed>. I immediately put in a complaint to Paypal to tell them it was a scam and fraudulent. Just got a message from Paypal that said based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. What happened to Paypal Protection? I even sent Paypal this article: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article241850541.html  from the Kansas City Star to show them many people are complaining about this fraudulant company. I have had a Paypal acct for 19 years, & have only filed complaints twice. The 2 times have been during this Covid 19 situation. Scammers are taking advantage, & Paypal is not helping the victims. Shameful. 

Login to Me Too

HM61
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does not stand by their protection. They denied me twice.

Login to Me Too

BigGunNH
Contributor
Contributor
They now have several websites selling facemask. One is called Dream Fitting and another called starsstripes or something like that. How can PayPal continue to fund these people? They look legit when they have a PayPal link. This unbelievable.
Login to Me Too

HM61
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously Paypal doesn't care & endorses this behavior. They just sent me this email denying my case again. 

It's unbelievable that they make me jump through hoops to find out why I was denied, & they believe these con artists. They can't just write the explanation in the email. This is unreal the way they've handled this case. I will never get this product and am now out $56.98. Shame on you Paypal!!!

We received the case(s) you filed on April 10, 2020.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute.

If you'd like a copy of the documentation we used in the investigation of your case, send a letter including the Case ID to the following address:

<removed>

Omaha, NE 68145 

Login to Me Too

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

wow so you filed your dispute on april 10th and they've already came to a conclusion? i filed mine on march 30th and i'm still at the  "we're reviewing the info" and "you'll receive and update soon" stage. the last day for the seller to respond to paypal's request for shipping info was april 16th and guess what day the seller finally added a tracking number? april 16th. it's a tracking number from FEIA which is in china

Login to Me Too

tran0006
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I file a complaint on April 1st and Paypal gave weihongda Trading Co. until April 21st to respond. Then on April 20th Weihongda respond by providing a shipping number from FEIA. The shipping number is probably a fake one. The fact that Weihongda waited until the last day before the deadline which is 20 days later to respond is telling. The ad for toilet paper said that the paper will be shipped within 24 hours and Weihongda will notify me of the shipment by email and that I should receive it within 7 days. None of that took place.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.