possible scam? pattops.com

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

so i bought some toilet paper from pattops.com on 3/27 and i checked on my order today via the link i got in the email to "view your order" and the link is invalid. did a little digging and noticed on my bank statement it shows <removed> and the paypal payment went to "weihongda Trading Co., Ltd" with the email address that ends in <removed>

maicieba.xyz isn't a real website

there's no contact numbers on pattops.com

the contact email on pattops.com is a gmail account

the pattops.com site has recently been modified and they removed toilet paper

<removed>

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

SummerWind
Contributor
Contributor

I escallated because the seller wouldn't admit they didn't send me what I ordered. Paypal sided with them immediately because the seller provided them a delivery confirmation, but it was for a piece of s**t that I didn't order, and cost much less than they took from my paypal account.

Once paypal closes a dispute, good luck getting in touch with them to dispute. I don't see any way I can do that. They care not that I paid for something I didn't order. They just care about the vendor, who is a known scammer according to what I've seen here. SHAME ON PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

markolivares
Contributor
Contributor

TIME TO BOYCOTT PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Closing Ppal account when current claim is finished - might be some time .....
Login to Me Too

Calabria
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, same here.  Thought it was from legit company and it switched.  Sent email with no response.  Wonder if PayPal will make it more trouble than it's worth and that's what they count on.  Just glad I didn't use a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Climax
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, happened to me as well, the same "Seller" (Weihongda Trading Co., Ltd), 'n also re a toilet paper purchase on 03/27. Tho a different name was used at the beginning of the email address, it still ended with <removed>  I'll never buy from another Chinese seller again. So tomorrow I'll go thru the Paypal Resolution Center to take care of this scammer and put it to rest. From what you wrote, and the replies I've read, that Co should be shut out of having a Paypal account permanently.

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Climax I hope you're doing fine during this pandemic. First,I must say thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. It’s extremely important to report any suspected instances of fraud. It includes fraud seller. Items not received or a potential fraudulent seller If you sent a payment but haven’t received what you paid for, or believe the seller to be fraudulent, you should visit our Resolution Center. We’ve developed several programs to help protect you, and opening a dispute is the first step to help get your problem resolved. Here’s how: Go to the Resolution Center. Click Report a Problem. Select the transaction you want to dispute. Click Continue. Select either I didn't receive an item I purchased or the item I received was significantly not as described or I want to report unauthorized activity, depending on the nature of your dispute. Click Continue. Follow the instructions to file your dispute. Once the seller has numerous dispute on his/her PayPal account, the account will have restriction. We'll review the account and if there's a fraud trend. We are capable to put permanent limitation on the seller's account. Therefore, he/she won't be able to use his/her PayPal account anymore. It'll be useless. Luckily, you did your transaction within PayPal so we're here to help you in getting your money back from the seller. Once you have filed a dispute you can also check the status on the Resolution Center. I also added a link that you can use for reference if you have US PayPal Account. This may vary depending on your country or region. Please always put your region or country for better assistance. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-check-the-status-of-my-dispute-or-claim-faq1852 ***If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Stay safe and take care.***
Login to Me Too

Climax
Contributor
Contributor

Thank-you, in all my (16) years of using eBay & Paypal, I've only had to file less than 4 cases, and after Paypal stepped in, the Sellers refunded the $$'s back into my account. What bothers me the most now, is that because of this Pandemic, it seem the unscrupulous have now infiltrated here in mass... *sigh

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Climax thank you for your immediate response. Thank you for being one of our loyal and valued customers. As long as you already filed a dispute about this transaction,we'll help you to get in touch with the merchant. If the seller is non responsive then,you can escalate this to PayPal so we can make a decision for you. You must escalate your dispute within 20 days from the time you opened it. One thing is for sure,you have Buyer Protection and if you still haven't received the item and we didn't get any response from the seller within the specific timeframe it will be closed on your favor. We'll be the one to issue a refund on your original funding source. Please see the link below about escalating a dispute to a claim. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822 ****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!****
Login to Me Too

Climax
Contributor
Contributor

I hope you had a beautiful Easter with Family. The Merchant sent me an email on Apr 9th, acknowledging that I'd opened a Paypal case, and that he'd have one of his Reps contact me or Paypal, and that would be the Last time he would respond, but to date, I haven't seen any such action... Here's a photocopy of that email... Cheers, Rob

Toilet Paper Order Reply email 04-09-2020.JPG

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Climax yes we had a beautiful Easter Sunday, I hope you had a good one as well. Please keep safe with your family. Thanks for the update,I appreciate that. Thank you for giving me a kudos as well,it means a lot to me. Please be advised that seller has specific timeframe to respond,failure to do so will lead to closing of the case on your favor.If you can check the email that we sent to you regarding your dispute you'll see the last date the seller can respond to us. If you feel like this won't be resolved with the seller please don't forget to escalate it to a claim within 20 days when you initially opened it. Once you escalate it to a claim normally the seller only has 10 days to resolve the issue. We'll keep you posted via email. Kindly check it time to time just in case we need more information from you.   ****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!****
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.