possible scam? pattops.com

whoflungpoo
Contributor
Contributor

so i bought some toilet paper from pattops.com on 3/27 and i checked on my order today via the link i got in the email to "view your order" and the link is invalid. did a little digging and noticed on my bank statement it shows <removed> and the paypal payment went to "weihongda Trading Co., Ltd" with the email address that ends in <removed>

maicieba.xyz isn't a real website

there's no contact numbers on pattops.com

the contact email on pattops.com is a gmail account

the pattops.com site has recently been modified and they removed toilet paper

<removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @whoflungpoo ,

I understand your confusion regarding the seller's website but you have nothing to worry about. Good news! You are protected here in Paypal. After 7 days from the day that you ordered the item, you can file a dispute with Paypal for the non-receipt if you still did not received it until April  2, 2020. 

Here's how you can open a dispute with Paypal when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:

•You don’t receive the item

•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:

•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received

•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @whoflungpoo 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the
pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. Based on what i read you mentioned that you think that this transaction seems like a scam to you, for us to further investigate this, we recommend that you follow this procedure:

Go to the Resolution Center.
Click Report a Problem.
Select the reason for your case and click Continue.
For more information, you may also visit the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-
different-than-described.-should-i-open-a-dispute-faq1344?app=searchAutoComplete

Login to Me Too

BigGunNH
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue as everyone else has had. No shipment of toilet paper but they took my money quick enough. I cant believe paypal would continue doing business with this scammer from China. If i dont recieve my refund i plan on closing my paypal account. This scammer has toilet paper on 3-4 different websites all of which were opened in Feb of this year. They present themselves as a company in us but buyers beware! DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE SCAMMERS!!

Login to Me Too

allenf65
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same problem and the company name was weihongda Trading Co., Ltd. I ordered toilet paper 3/27/2020 with the promise that it would ship in 3 days. All the emails that were sent to the addresses they listed came back not valid except one with a woman's name and a Gmail account. They did not once mention it was coming from China which sucks because if I knew I would never have ordered. I opened a dispute with Paypal on 4/6/2020 about this whole thing, and to this day Paypal has still not solved my case. They seem to move very slow with disputes. Now they claim my case should be resolved on 5/14/2020, but its the 2nd time they have moved my resolution date. I don't why Paypal is taking so long with this dispute, its obvious they are a scammer and you can read everyone's case that has had the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Kitexscape99
Contributor
Contributor

I’m done with PayPal. They suck and are not looking out for your interest. That’s why EBay dropped them.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @whoflungpoo ,

I understand your confusion regarding the seller's website but you have nothing to worry about. Good news! You are protected here in Paypal. After 7 days from the day that you ordered the item, you can file a dispute with Paypal for the non-receipt if you still did not received it until April  2, 2020. 

Here's how you can open a dispute with Paypal when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:

•You don’t receive the item

•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:

•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received

•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

Login to Me Too

Climax
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure most of us have already filed a 'Dispute' and I'm sure many on here, including myself, have then updated it to a 'Claim' as well. The problem lies in the FACT that the Seller just keeps changing/updating Paypal with a Tracking number (using a Chinese Tracking Service but NOT the actual Carrier) which gives the illusion to the Buyer and Paypal that the product has been shipped, when in all reality it has not and probably never will be either, as it's just the same info over and over, week after week and/or month after month after payment was made. That is why we all think it's a SCAM, being done by the Chinese Seller(s) so that Paypal won't dip into the Seller's funds for a refund reimbursement, as they know how to play the game. Pandemic or not, it doesn't take months to get an item shipped/received from China to the USA... 'nuff said.

Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely correct. Zhixin Irrperb Pattops or whatever Pay pal need to pull the plug.
Login to Me Too

Jncr
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed and used PayPal. I opened a dispute on 4/3/20 and PayPal has not moved at all on the issue. I didn’t get a refund and I never got the much needed TP. I’ve been very sick from an infection after surgery, lost my job and cannot get basic groceries. I begged PayPal for the refund and didn’t get it. I’m extremely disappointed. I’ll never rely on PayPal again .
Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Irrpwrb or zhixin or zhixintrade- surely Ppal can see the problem. I have trawled the net and and it does nor take a genius to see that this company and its derivitives are running rings round Ppal & everyone else. I raised a dispute yesterday over non arrival of two camping chairs .and by sheer chance today I received a wallet sized packet with two small carrier sleevesin . No sender info or description with it. No idea who its from but I guess its THEM. CMON PPAL PULL THE PLUG ON ALL ASPECTS OF THESE SCAMMERS.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.