possible case of scam

shah2017
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Thank you for your attention

My case:

On the 24th of December of 2018 I paid an item (smart phone on ebay web) that did not arrive (should arrive on 5th of January) , and then i opened a case on ebay but they closed the case, they said the seller showed them proof that he sent the item, but the item has a shipping system that warns me by text, but I never got any notice, and the seller no longer have articles on ebay, and i can't see the item on ebay anymore , it seems a scam, and i have to say that the seller have some bad feedback , right now i'm waiting for the last resolution on ebay about this case because i spoke with them by chat and they will answer to me in 24-48 h, but i suspect that the seller will send to me a something different , i bought a smart phone , and some of those bad feedback speak about they receive a "toys" and never receive a smart phone or tablet , if finally its a scam , please tell me what should I do to recover my money ?

thanks and have nice day.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shah2017

Your PayPal transaction details "should" mention what you purchased off eBay so if the package you received is not a smart phone, PayPal can refer to that to know what you bought.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shah2017

When you receive the parcel and it is not as described, change the dispute reason:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-change-my-reason-for-filing-a-dispute-or-claim-faq...

Is your smartphone transaction not showing on your eBay purchase history either?

Gosh, these scammers are off the hook, man! Very bold and brazen. Smh.

Login to Me Too

shah2017
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your rapid response dear sharpiemarker

So in case that i receive something that is not the item, i can open another case ? well yes, this is one of the most biggest problem, once a bought the smart phone, all info disappear on ebay web, so was really hard to find the way to open a case, and i don't understand the ebay team why not suspect about seller like this? and why they close the case ? there is a very low possibilities that the seller send that smart phone, and if the seller show to them the tracking number (that was the reason that they close the case) so why they don't send to me that tracking info to me?

any way i want to know the paypal way to refund my money, because looks paypal have better contact support for this kind of cases, once again thank for your time.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shah2017

Your PayPal transaction details "should" mention what you purchased off eBay so if the package you received is not a smart phone, PayPal can refer to that to know what you bought.

Login to Me Too

shah2017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , dear  sharpiemarker, please can you tell me which one is the best way to claim to paypal for ask about to refund the money for a item that not arrive, i cant see the normal way , its in resolution center ? call us ? email us ? formal complaint ?

thanks once more for you're time

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.