please advise for refund

dblws
New Community Member

I am extremely frustrated and this forum seems my only option.    I am not able to email paypal.

This morning I was on facebook and looked at an ad, I was interested in finding the total cost and shipping arrangements so i put it in the cart.  As always I use paypal and often, the final cost isn't shown till the last step where you're given the shipping options and costs with taxes and fees etc, then you confirm purchase or cancel.   But on this occasion I wasn't given this info just taken to the page showing purchase complete and payment given.   I immediately went to the email to find details and was shown that instantly the payment was processed by paypal and couldn't be cancelled.  No pending.  That was the end of any help available from paypal.   After reading the 'help' on paypal site, it says that if the transaction shows as complete there is no option but to wait until merchandise arrives then to return it and ask for refund.    I wrote the merchant explaining what happened.   Don't expect to hear from them anytime soon.    At least until a week goes by and the product is shipped.   I have no idea where it's coming from.   Looks like the US.  This has all happened within a 2 minute period and then the last hour attempting to find a way to contact/email/call for support thru paypal.   Any suggestions?       AND FOR ANOTHER 1/2 HOUR I'M STUCK TRYING TO SEND THIS CAUSE IT WON'T ACCEPT ANY TITLE THAT I COME UP WITH!!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @dblws,

Thank you for reaching out on our Community Help Forum! I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience using our services. The best option at this point would be to reach out to the merchant and request a refund. Since the transaction wouldn't fall under any of our reasons for filing a dispute, contacting the merchant you purchased from is you best bet. I hope you're able to receive a refund!

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.