paypal will not let me withdraw money even after 180 days plus email saying I can

babblingbrooke
Contributor
Contributor

MY ACCOUNT WAS FROZEN for no good reason, even when I supplied my license and SS card it still was permanently disabled , freezing almost 10 thousand dollars of my unemployment money for 6 months! I ended up getting kicked out of my apartment and have been living in a car with my 2 kids. finally over a month ago I got an email saying my funds were available to be withdrawn. except it was a lie. it won't let me add a bank to transfer the money to, it won't let me have a check sent without adding a bank, and I've called over 6 times and every time im told it'll be fixed in a couple days. WELL IT HASNT BEEN. YOUM STILL HAVE MY 10,000 DOLLARS! im out here not able to feed my kids sleeping in a freezing car and scared to catch covid, and the only responses I get from PayPal are generated responses and the  when I call they act like they can't do anything and tell me to keep checking my email and a resolotuin will be made. well I got an email today.. IT TOLD ME TO CALL. im about to just contact a lawyer, I hate PayPal from the core of my being they are an evil company who is essentially attempting to steal my money. can anyone please help before I have to spend money to hire. lawyer? my kids will appreciate it and I will too. this is so messed up

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@babblingbrooke 

You can normally withdraw via any linked bank account / card already on your permanently limited account. I don't think you can add a funding source to that account.

So your best option is to contact customer services and ask them to link a card for you OR send you a cheque with the balance in the post as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@babblingbrooke 

You can normally withdraw via any linked bank account / card already on your permanently limited account. I don't think you can add a funding source to that account.

So your best option is to contact customer services and ask them to link a card for you OR send you a cheque with the balance in the post as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

babblingbrooke
Contributor
Contributor

I have already contacted customer service several times. did I not mention that in my question? they are refusing help. every time they just say I nee to wait, or that security measures are blocking me from adding my account and there's nothing they can do. and that they can't  send me a check either. basically they're saying there is no possible way to get my money. which is horseshit

Login to Me Too

babblingbrooke
Contributor
Contributor

this is not solved. this literally ignored half of my question and didn't answer anything. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.