paypal verified my credit card by taking 1,94€ fee (50 CZK-czech crowns)

lukirat
Contributor
Contributor

i have recieved in my bank account this fee and paypal told me that i need to copy the 4 digit number which they put in the name of the transaction. i paste it to the requied field and they told me that i´ve got unlimited account now and that they will refund my money on my bank account within 24 hours. they sent me those money back but now i checked my bank account and those money was gone. why did they take those money back ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lukirat wrote:

i have recieved in my bank account this fee and paypal told me that i need to copy the 4 digit number which they put in the name of the transaction. i paste it to the requied field and they told me that i´ve got unlimited account now and that they will refund my money on my bank account within 24 hours. they sent me those money back but now i checked my bank account and those money was gone. why did they take those money back ?

When you confirm your card, PayPal deposits money into your account with the 4-digit code. Once you confirm the card, PayPal withdraws or "refunds" the amount from your account back to their account. You do not get to keep that money. PayPal will be broke if they did that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lukirat
Contributor
Contributor

no, there was written when i verified my credit card this: We´ll reimburse all charges to your credit card within 3-5 days after you enter code and confirm you card.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are you confirming credit card or bank account? Those are two different things. Or are you linking a debit card linked to your bank account? Because in your original post you mention both card and bank account and it got me confused. Sorry.

If you are confirming a card:

https://www.paypal.com/cz/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-a-debit-or-credit-card-that-i've-linked...

If you are confirming a bank account, PayPal makes 2 small deposits and then withdrawals it after you enter the amounts deposited.

So, PayPal charged your card and then refunded the charges after confirming your card and then charged your card again? 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.